Chapter 8 - Know it all

• Dedicated to Howard (I wish you were real)

Since this story got over a 1,000 readers, I posted this as quickly as I could write it. A little bit longer than the last one. I hope you like it. I'd like to get some feedback, because it helps me a lot. Doesn't matter if it's negative of positive, it inspires me.

Chapter 8

It was Monday again. I was still suffering. I hadn’t heard anything from Joe, silence was killing me but thankfully I still had Jenna by my side and George had decided to join us again. So the brilliant three was together, but we were missing a link.

I had seen Joe on Friday afternoon with a blonde girl. I admit it, I was as jealous as a girl can be. I missed my best friend and he wasn’t showing any signs of him coming back.

On Monday morning, I said goodbye to mom and dad, because Jenna was waiting for me outside, ready to go to school.

“Hey, Madi,” she waved and began walking. I ran next to her and slowed down. “How are things?”

“The same,” I shrugged my shoulders and sighed. “I wish they weren’t.”

“Yeah, me too,” she nodded in agreement and bit her lip. “I’m pretty sure he’s just being stubborn.”

“I hope so,” I said. “I can’t take it anymore of it. I need him back, seriously. I miss him so much. I bet you do too, and George.”

“You’re right,” she mumbled.

We arrived at school and the first thing I noticed, was that Joe was talking to George. I frowned, waiting for him to see me walking there, but he didn’t. I dropped my eyes and went to my first class.

“Hey princess,” Howard greeted me as I sat down.

“Ugh, I’m really not in the mood for talking,” I buried my head in my hands and closed my eyes.

“That’s okay, we can do something else,” he shrugged and stood in front of me.

“Ew, get over yourself,” I murmured. Did he have to be so-

“I was talking about listening to music,” he spoke before I could end my thought.

-nice?

“Oh, um,” I tried to fix things. “Okay.”

“What did you think?” He smiled widely. “About ripping my shirt off, again?”

“No, stupid!” I instantly answered (which was probably wrong), lifting my head up to look at him.

“Aw, you were!” He did a cute face. I winced and rolled my eyes.

“Why do you take everything as a compliment?” I asked, raising a brow. I rested my head on my hand and stared at him.

“Why do you keep complimenting me then?” He leaned back, crossed his arms on his chest and smirked. “I think you like me.”

My face went pale, I tried to swallow but seemed impossible. “Wh-Why do you…do you think that?” I couldn’t get the words out right. His statement had made me stutter.

“Can’t a boy dream?” He made a puppy dog face and looked at me cutely. I bit my lip. Suddenly I felt his fingers brushing my chin as he lifted my head up. We stared at each other for a moment, but then his arrogant personality started to show again. He rolled his eyes and walked away from me, leaving me frowning like a fool. Why did everything nice had to end so badly? Of course I knew his status – the bad boy that has to spend most of his time in detention and messes with people’s minds and is in fact a great example of how a student shouldn’t be. Nobody likes those like Howard, but then why do I enjoy (sort of) his company?