~09~

So home it is..

I followed the group of wolves.. note the sarcasm here.. because there ain't any.. I know I'm not making any sense. I donno but that's what's been happening since I saw him..
Nothing's making any sense.. So, I was saying I followed them and came across a dirt road. To say I was shocked would be an understatement, to see a sleek black BMW there.

Meanwhile I'd been drooling over his car, Mr. Hothead changed back and even had some pants on. And I had to stop myself from drooling over him.

Note to self: I'm not talking to him.
And why the hell Is that.. ?? Oh, yeah.. He was being damn hot-headed and a jerk. But surely hot, that he is.. Gotta kill myself..

He opened the door for me. But me being me, sat shotgun. And I did that shouting, 'shotgun'. This time his growl was clearly audible even with the car's doors closed. I guess my inner bitch is enjoying riling him up so much.

The guy sitting in the driver's seat turned to me with a smirk, and introduced himself, well kind of..

"This will be fun."
And how could I have stopped myself from commenting on that, "You can count on it."

To that he chuckled and extended his hand, "Tyler, at your service, Ma'am." Well this guy sure does knows how to treat a girl right.

"Shawna."
"Nice to meet you, Shawna. Well I should go out now, he'd been calling me over mind link for some time now. Wish me luck."

"Oh. Best of luck."
He smiled and got out.

A minute later Nick sat in the driver's seat and started driving. After some time, all hell broke loose.. well not literally..

He just finally broke the silence, "Why are you being so difficult ?"

"You sounds angry."
"I sounds angry.. Obviously I sounds angry because I am angry."

"You don't have any reason to be angry. After all you weren't the one who had been treated badly."
"And what's that supposed to mean ??"

"Ugh.. Dude, stop."
"What ?"

"Stop the car."
"Why ?"

"Just stop the car."
"Are you gonna run away ??"

"Whaaaa.. No.. Just stop the damn car."

It's ridiculous. Even being in the same car with him feels weird. And he's not even ready to talk..

"Are you alright ?" He asks cautiously.
I can't even stay angry for long and to think to be angry with him is nearly impossible. How the hell can you be so irresistible.. ?

"Can't help it. " He says with a smirk.
"Dude, I said that out loud."
"Yes, you certainly did."

Hiding the blush with a cough I continues, "Can we talk serious now."
"What do you wanna talk ?" He asks while leaning on his car.

"Listen. I'm sorry. Okay. I'm sorry for the way I behaved.. but I never said I was the one to act nicely." I just had to add that. Great. Another sigh..

"See.. The thing is, I get it that I'm your mate and a mate for a werewolf is important. But you also need to understand this, that I'm not just your mate. I'm a human as well. Yes, I know a thing or two about your kind, but obviously I have never met one, until today, that is.

Its different for me, weird. For one, I can't even digest the fact that I'm actually meeting you, you, The Nick Bateman and to top it off, to know that you're a werewolf. Whoa.. That's a lot and I mean literally a lot to digest."

"And on top of that, I also had to deal with the fact that you're my soul mate." I added in a small voice. "That I kinda belong to someone.. to you."

"And I belong to you." He says softly, wiping the lone tear that escaped my eyes. "You're crying."

I didn't even realised when I started crying. "I.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. Fuck! I'm not this emotional even on those days. Its just new for me. Everything is. You can't really expect me to grasp all this, this fast. At least give me some time. Okay. Please. You can do that right."

We don't speak for a long time after that. He seems to be deep in thoughts. He looks even better this close. Those dark brown hair, that light stubble on his prominent jaw, sharp cheekbones, well toned skin, weird eyes.. we.. whaa.. oh.. his eyes are changed again. They are black this time.

"Are you done checking me out ?" He asks with his oh-so-famous-smirk again. Before I could form a coherent reply he continues, "And, you don't have to say sorry, when clearly I was the one who had been the jerk all this time."

"Nick.."
"No lemme complete, please. Gosh.. I didn't even asked your name."

I just had to laugh at that. "So, you finally noticed that I might have a name."

Oh my gosh. I'm sure that was a light blush on his face and he rubs his neck to hide it. Saving him from further embarrassment, I answers, "Its Shawna."

"Nice to meet you, Shawna. And I'm seriously sorry for reacting like that. You're right, you should be aware of what you're getting yourself into."

"Umm.. You make it sound so much creepy. Do you know that."

"Maybe it is." He said with yet another smirk of his. Then with some seriousness he continues, "I mean it's common for werewolves. It could be different for you. I can just hope you'll listen and won't run off screaming."

"Well I always had a thing for paranormal stuff. So shoot. How bad can it be.."

~Author's Note~

Hey ya guys.. I know it might be the longest chapter till now.

I wasn't about to update due to my bad health but once I started couldn't get off without completing this.

And Oh my fucking cats..
This book made it to the #117 in Werewolf Category.. I'm here dancing around the room like a crazy..
Thank you to all my Readers, without you guys it wouldn't have been possible..

I still can't fucking believe it..
PS: My cats doesn't fucks.. because I don't have cats.. yet.. 👻👻👻