~07~

"Oh!" Its like realisation hits him but still his face shows no emotion, but there's a disappointment in his eyes. So I continue, "But its not like I'm some weird fan girl or something."

He meets my eyes again, stands up from his crouching position, "Well, I had no idea I was that popular." Saying that he gives me his hand.

"Dude, you had to be kidding me. You ARE THAT popular."

Then I take his hand to stand, the moment I touch him, its like an electric current flows through our hands, with wide eyes I look at him, and from that look on his face I can bet that he felt it too.

Looking down at me, he takes a deep breath almost like composing himself. He then tugs at my hand, and I'm like slammed into his hard yet warm chest. Still maintaining eye contact my breath hitches at the close contact, and my cheeks begin to heat again under his intense gaze.

"Have you heard about werewolf mates ?"

I'm totally confused as to why would he'll ask that, when two possibilities comes to my mind. Either I'm his mate or he already has a mate. And with the fucking great luck that never leaves me. Only the second possibility can be true.

So I sigh and bite my lip, averting my eyes from his intense gaze and stares at ground before answering, "Yes, I have heard about it. They are like soulmates. From what I have read in books, a mate is like a lifeline for a werewolf. They completes each other. Right?"

"Yup. Right."

Even when I don't want to, I do ask him, "Do you have a mate ?"

He keeps quiet for a moment and then answers in the same husky voice, "Every werewolf has a mate."

A diplomatic answer.. Arghhh.. I could just.. Just..

Dude.. I don't even know what I wanna do to him. And that's the moment my conscience chooses to answer me. ~Actually you are well aware of what you wanna do~

Ignoring it, I asks him again, "Have you found your mate ?"

I holds my breath to hear his answer, but I'm greeted by a soft growl.

I turn my head to look at him, and his eyes have that golden hue again. They are the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen. And while he has captivated me with his eyes, he answers my question.

"Yes. I just did."