E L E V E N

Her scream echoed through the house and she found herself scrambling back from the thing that dripped drool from its jaws, deadly teeth and claws gleamed maliciousness in the dim dark light of night. Kori felt panic rise in her throat as the lumbering beast tore its claws from the door, ripping the frame along with it.

"I found you."  It repeated with a coo. Like soothing a child, it's large clawed feet scraped acrossed the entrance of the humble home. She swallowed her fear and darted up, slipping and sliding along the way as she scrambled to stand and ran the other way.

Knowing the exit was only across the living room, she continued to race, the beast continuing to tear through the house, nothing would be able to stop it...

Her heart racing she thought about how her parents had died, how they now no longer lived... it almost made her stop and turn towards the beast to let it kill her.... Her mind screamed no but her body slowed to a stop as it had taken too much of a beating on her lungs, heart pumping way too fast and nothing was keeping up. Muscles started to lose their oxygenation and it was getting so much harder to function from the pain of the cramps. Sweat started to drip slowly down her face.. it was suddenly very warm where she stood, and that was the one moment where her mind gave in and her body flopped down to the floor like a rag doll. This was not how she wanted to die, but it seemed this was going to be the best way that she would be reunited with her loved ones. Her best friend may not like this outcome, but... Fate had decided this for her already.

Kori had shifted to her back barely enough.... She heard the breathing of the beast steadily get closer.. this was it... This... was it...

****

A shadow passed above in the night sky, scanning the surrounding area, its ebony wings sometimes blocking the moonlight. The shadow heard the sounds but there were no screams from the girl that they knew needed help. Why would she be quiet? Has she given up the fight already? Impossible..... 

Like Fate decided then, another shadow made a hastily descent upon the house that was dark, yet the breathing of the beast was still there. The Fate heard it as it gave a hearty, almost laughter of victory.. Before long, another shadow approached the Fate, coming as another Fate. 

"Has she chosen her death, Miro?" The second asked, in its lilting feminine voice. 

"I do not know, Saya. It appears as such, but yet another tampers with the weaves of Fate.." Replied the first Fate, their voice much more deep with masculinity. 

Saya sighed and watched the proceedings along with Miro. Why would someone be foolish enough to veer from the Fates? Only one name ever came to mind. "I see.... I am certain this is Azreal's doing." Saya finally said with yet another sigh. "We can never seem to teach that imbecile Reaper a lesson."

Miro laughed as the final Fate joined them in the night sky above the girl's house. Saya glanced back but briefly to the last Fate.

"Frayne." Miro said quietly, the other Fate nodded. 

"Everything going according to plan, Miro, Saya?" The commanding voice of Frayne said from his spot.

Saya just shrugged. "It would appear we have a slight problem to deal with, Lord Frayne. I suggest we see where it goes...."

"...Otherwise lets take out that bastard Angel, Azreal, and call this done." Finished Miro. 

Frayne gave another little nod, and watched the house. "For now, Fates, lets see how the world weaves this night."

Solemn silence followed as the Fates watched.
****

Kori looked up into the face of the beast as it neared, but something else dragged its attention away, and she followed the beasts lumbering movements with her eyes. A shadow darted in from the broken door, and a small glimmer of light reflected off the black blade the shape held... the longer she looked the more she saw the figure of a man.  A far more masculine one, as his muscles bore a strength unriveled. Her own strength was waning, her eyes barely wanted to stay open, and her breathing became more labored by the second... 

Time seemed to only crawl, as they fought, claw to sword.... 

The last thing she remembered before falling unconscious, was feeling something wet touch her cheek, could have been blood or her weary tears... and a gentle brush of a fallen feather...

****

A/N: I know is has been awhile since I posted here, so I don't know what got me going today. But I do hope you enjoy this new chapter. Until Chapter Twelve, have a good day, and please tell me what you think by a comment, like, or inbox me if you so wish. :)