24. Rich Rags

24

“Your hair is so soft.” He said with a sweet smile as he twisted his fingers through my long tendrils.

“Thank you.” I replied with a little laugh.

“Of course.” He kissed my forehead lightly and then continued to just stare at me.  I blushed at his gaze and I wasn’t sure what I was supposed to do.

My heart pound violently inside of my chest and it actually hadn’t even ceased since everything ended.  I wasn’t sure what to feel at that point, but I just loved being close to him with his arms wrapped around me. I was so overwhelmed.

“What’re you thinking?” He asked suddenly.

I smiled, “Just how I love being so close with you.”

He grinned and I felt his grip tighten around my waist, bringing me closer to him.

“I love you Abril Hanson, and I don’t want you to forget it.”

“I won’t.  I love you too.”

He pressed his lips gently to mine and smiled into the kiss. I giggled and he suddenly pinched my sides, making me scream, and then began tickling me sending me into a fit of laughter and thrashing.

“Chase!” I yelled, “Stop!” In between my laughter.

He was laughing along with me and finally did stop with me in a mess and him just enjoying my pain.

“You’re so mean!” I said punching his shoulder.

He just chuckled, “I just couldn’t resist!”

I smiled and rolled my eyes.  We messed around for a little while longer before going and taking a shower and then cuddling up into the pillow mass again and falling asleep in each other’s arms.

~*~

I slowly began to wake up, but I wasn’t quite ready yet so I cuddled further into the blankets, then I realized there wasn’t a body next to me when there should be.  I opened my eyes and sat up quickly.  “Chase?” I called groggily.

“I’m in here sweetheart!” I heard him say from the kitchen.

I smiled and headed in there to see him at the stove cooking what I assumed to be breakfast. 

“Uh…this is a lot of food.” I commented looking at the stacks of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. 

“Yes, well our friends decided they were coming over for breakfast whether we like it or not.” He laughed.

“They’re coming over now?!”

“Well they’ll be here in about half an hour.  I was going to wake you up soon so you could get ready or whatever.” He smiled.