10. Rich Rags

**Sorry for the wait!  School recently started back up for me along with my job, but here it is! Enjoy!:)**

10

“Oh Abby!” I heard someone call in a singsong voice.

I cringed and turned around to see Willow walking my way.

“Hello Willow.” I grumbled.  This entire situation was already awkward with Wyatt and Chase having this silent tension, so I really didn’t need her to top it off.  Sadly though…there was no avoiding her stench…

“Willow?” Wyatt asked.  “Wow!  It’s been forever!  I remember I met you and your sisters a few times when we were like ten.” He laughed.

“Oh!” Willow exclaimed, “Wyatt!  I totally remember you!  My how you have grown into that big head you used to have.” She laughed.

He chuckled along with her, “Yes, thankfully.”

She turned to Chase, “And it’s nice to see you again.  I’m so glad you could come, so my darling little cousin could show you off to everyone.”

Suddenly like a brick in the face her odor hit us all.  I looked over at Wyatt and sure enough, the smell had reached him.  His smile suddenly looked more forced than a second ago.

“Yes, I’m happy to meet everyone.  Your family is really kind.” Chase replied with a smile.

“Oh aren’t you sweet.  Yes, wait until you meet my mother.  She’s such a fun woman.”

I scoffed.

“What was that Abril?”

“Nothing, I sneezed.” I said with a sweetly fake smile.

“Oh, well then bless you.”

“I can’t handle it!” Someone suddenly cried out and we turned to see Wyatt trudging away to go inside.

“How strange.” Willow commented, “What do you think he was talking about?”

“Probably your smell.” I shrugged.

“My smell?”

“You smell like kitty litter…that hasn’t been changed for three weeks…in a sewer…” I replied bluntly.

Her jaw dropped and she just stared at me for a moment…then she lunged.

I deserved it.  I really did.  I probably should have just been quiet and secretly sprayed her with perfume in her sleep.  That might have been a better tactic.  But the reality is…I didn’t.

She slapped me and pulled my hair, and through my screaming I breathed in a mouthful of her stank.  The stank was the worst part. I got a few good hits on her too.  I pulled her greasy hair and scratched her arm pretty good.