9. Rich Rags

9

Later that evening everyone had to leave one by one until only Chase and I were left. 

“So, what should I wear tomorrow?” He asked me.

“Some nice slacks, a nice button up, and maybe a tie or something?  It may just be a family get together, but certain family members are a little judgmental on those kinds of things.” I grumbled. “I mean I’ve had to deal with it, but I’d rather you didn’t.”

“Why did you have to deal with it?”

“Well, I don’t always dress like a princess when they expect me to.  Or act like one for that matter.” I shrugged.

“How is a princess supposed to act?”

I laughed, “I told you already! Remember?  Plus, I’m not a princess.  Just a lady of a distinguished family.” I said turning up my nose like the staunch rude ladies always did to me.

“Well, is there going to be dancing tomorrow?” He smiled.

“Perhaps.”

“Then maybe we should practice.  I haven’t danced since you taught me.” He smiled.

“Fine.” I smirked.  I grabbed my stereo remote and turned a nice instrumental piece on like before.

I walked up to him and he gently placed his hand on my waist and took my hand in his.

We began moving to the music just like before.

I looked up at him and he smiled sweetly down to me.

“You are so pretty.” He said quietly.

I blushed bright red and looked away from him.

I just felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled at me. “You’re so funny Abby.”

I looked up at him confused, “Why do you say that?”

“Because you just are!  The way you blush and look away when I give you a simple compliment!  How we haven’t kissed as a couple yet, but we have kissed before.” He chuckled. 

“I’m sorry!  This is just so new to me!  Don’t laugh at my expense!” I said, shoving him away from me, but instead of moving away he held onto me and brought me closer still laughing lightly at me.

“Shut up Abby and just relax.”

“That sounds creepy!” I cried moving away from him dramatically. 

He looked at me with a horrified look on his face, “ Jeez! I’m not a rapist, I just want to kiss my girlfriend!” He let me go, making me fall.