19. Rich Rags

19

“How are you feeling?” Trish asked me as she braided and pinned my hair.

“Nervous.”

“Yeah, it’s been pretty chaotic at school even with us, so today is probably going to be a frenzy.”

“It’s been crazy for you?”

“Yeah, I mean everyone knows you’re our best friend, so people are coming out of the wood work to be nice to us.  It’s kind of strange.  Also people have your magazine and have been asking Chase to sign it and asking when you’re going to be back in school.”

“They’re asking for his autograph?!”

“Yeah.”

“Why didn’t you guys tell me about that?”

“It didn’t really come up, and we know how that much attention makes you nervous, so we didn’t want to deter you from coming today.”

I shrugged, “It really wouldn’t have deterred me, just weirded me out.  I mean we’re not famous, we just did one photo shoot.”

“Yeah, but have you seen the pictures?  Jamison is probably loving this since people are begging to get his magazine now that you and Chase are in it.”

“Wow, that’s so strange.  I mean it’s almost like we’re famous.”

“You are!  Not on a huge scale, but around here you’re huge right now.” She laughed.  “People are going crazy over those photos.  I mean they are pretty incredible.”

“Really?  I haven’t seen them.”

“Why not? The magazine has been out for a while now.”

“Yeah, but I just feel weird looking at myself, so I just haven’t had the desire to look at them.  I mean I will eventually, but I’m not seeking a magazine out to see them.”

“I hear ya.  Well today is going to be hectic, so just be braced and ready for that.”

I nodded, “And thank you for doing my hair.  It looks really pretty.” I smiled.

“No problem love.  I’m happy to do it.” She said hugging me.

“I think I’m just going to weird a t-shirt and jeans today though.  I just want to be comfortable.”

“Yeah, definitely.  I wouldn’t expect anything less.” She laughed. 

I missed my simple clothes.  Recently Trish has been dressing me cute and nice and all, but in the end all I really want to wear are my jeans and a t-shirt.  It’s nice having my hair pretty and braiding it is easy and not a huge hassle, so that really doesn’t bother me at all, but it’s just kind of difficult having to deal with all the layers and colors and making sure everything matches and fits right, when I knew that my black v neck and jeans match, and they fit.