Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

I knocked on the door a second time, and then Aaron finally opened up.

      “Hey loser,” I said, walking into the room, and hopping onto his bed, not bothering to take in my surrounds. I opened my backpack up, and got out my computer.

      “Hey Jules,” he said, sitting down next to me.

      “What’s your Wi-Fi password?” I asked.

      “ATKennings?”

      “Okay, cool,” I said, typing it in.

      “What for?”

      “I’m going on the internet, stupid.”

      “Oh. Why?”

      “Because I successfully escaped from your sister, so now I’m bored.”

      “Bored? With me? Oh Jules! You could never get bored with me!”

      “Right… course not…” I said, signing onto iChat. My online contacts popped up, and I instantly received an invitation. Paige Wright. Why would Paige want to talk to me? Whatever. Accept.

      Back in Santa Monica, Paige and I had been friends... good friends... really good friends... okay, okay, we were best friends. She was funny, smart, athletic, quick (mentally), sarcastic; everything I needed a friend to be. She was incredible, and we did everything together. When I was visiting Santa Monica over vacation, I stayed with her, and we just stayed up the entire night talking, and laughing. She is one of the most amazing people that I’ve had the pleasure of meeting over the short time span of my life so far. When I moved back here, we didn’t really keep in touch too well; which is one of the things I regret.

      “Hey girly!” she said, as her tanned face that I so envied popped up on the screen.

      “Hey, what’s up?” I asked.

      “First tell me who the hot guy to the right of you is,” she said, smiling.

      “Aaron Kennings,” he said, waving.

      “Damn girl! You move on fast!” she said.

      “He’s not even close to being my boyfriend,” I said, pushing Aaron away from me.

      “Oh. Well speaking of boyfriends, I’m just going to quickly add someone to this lovely chat,” she said, as I saw the name “Jsurferdude” appear on the bottom.

      “You do that sweetie,” I said.

      “I know, I am.” The next moment a blonde boy I knew far too well’s picture showed up on the screen. Paige, Paige, Paige do you want me to hate you or something?

      “Don’t end the call!” he said.

      “Paige what the hell?” I said.

      “We needed to talk to you,” she said, looking down.

      “You know what, fine,” I said. I know what you’re thinking, “Jules you are CRAZY to talk to your ex boyfriend!” I know, I am. It’s just, I’m a level-minded person, so I can talk civilly towards him. Also, considering I’m three thousand miles away, and all I have to do to get rid of him is press the little red circle in the corner of my screen, I’ll take my chances.

      “Jules, it wasn’t me. I would never have kissed Cassi! She kissed me! I swear! I love you, you know I’d never do something like that to hurt you!”