chapter 25: Having fun

Audrey's POV

" I am bored!!!!" Heather whined as she rolled around in the dirt.

" go swimming then!" Dakota said, pointing to the giant lake that was right in front of us.

" Ouhhhh! That’s a good idea!!" Heather grinned and ran towards the lake and I chuckled, Harry following her. They threw off their cloths and jumped in the water in their undergarments.

Everyone followed them, leaving only Zayn and I left. I hate water! I always had the biggest fear of drowning or a big fish eating me!

Zayn looked nervously towards the water and I asked him if he was okay.

" Yeah, its just I don’t really like water..." He mumbled and I chuckled.

" Don’t worry! Me either!" I smiled and he chuckled and we started talking about life.

Hazel's POV

We were sitting out on the boat in silence. It was so peaceful out here. No zombies or violence.

" Tell me about your childhood," I said to Niall and he smiled.

" Well I was raised with my parents, Maura and Bobby and my older brother Greg. We didn’t have much money, I had to sleep on a small bed in my parents room my whole childhood. I was bullied a lot by the kids in my school. They would push me, call me names. I was always the kid nobody liked. Then I discovered singing. It saved my life honestly…I would have given up on myself if I hadn’t had music to let out my feelings. That’s one reason why I am here today…music saved my life, and I want to help save others…” Niall said, staring down at the ground.

“ You know what?” I asked and he looked up.

“ The first time I heard you guys on the radio was when I was being kidnapped. I was so distracted by your guy’s amazing voices and heart-warming lyrics that I didn’t feel the pain. It felt like I was just a normal child. I would turn on One Direction when I was depressed and thinking how nothing was ever going to get better and I will end up dyeing one-day form all the pain…but I didn’t. You guys gave me hope…” I said, telling him something that I haven’t told anyone else.

It was true, every night; I would fall asleep to the sound of each and every one of them. The words they sang would give me hope that I can keep moving on, and I cant give up. They saved my life…

“I’m not the only one. Each of the girls each had the same thing. When Audrey was in the hospital or during times when she would run away form the orphanage, she would play One Direction. When Cassie tried to commit suicide a couple of times after she moved, we calmed her down by playing One Direction. When Heather was hurt after being abused, she would turn on your music because it gave her hope that help would come. When Dakota was being pushed around by her aunt, she would play One Direction. You guys gave us hope…you saved our life’s…” I mumbled and a tear running out of my eye.

Niall’s eyes were shimmering. He now knew and understood how important they are to us. How much they affected our lives, even before we knew them.

Suddenly, the moment was ruined by a slight pain and movement inside me.

" Oh my god, Niall!" I said as I felt something. The baby was kicking. Niall jumped and looked at me worried and I just grabbed his hand and brought it to my stomach and his face suddenly lit up.

" Oh my god...  it is kicking!" Niall exclaimed and I chuckled as he starred at my stomach, fascinated.

We sat in a comfortable silence as Niall smiled, feeling the baby kick.

“ You know I love you right?” Niall looked up and smiled and I chuckled.

“Where did that come from?” I chuckled and he laughed.

“Its just that, you have gone through so much and you are so strong, and happy and if like, I was in your place right now, I wouldn’t be able to handle it,” HE said and I chuckled.

“It’s a lot easy with the help of the girls and you guys,” I said and he smiled and leaned over and gave me a soft kiss.

Dakota’s POV

We were all out of the water and drying off. It was a fun swimming; we played games and had races. Audrey stayed out with Zayn because I heard that they both hated the water…aww they are like meant to be.

“ Need to pee, be right back!” I said and walked over to Liam and I’s camped and skipped into the bathroom. I did my business, but only to discover something terrible.

Period.

“ Shit mother of fucking lord why in the hell do you do this!” I mumbled and groaned at the sight of blood. Yippee. Note sarcasm.

I searched the bathroom for supplies and luckily found a stash under the sink. I sighed and then fixed myself up.

I slowly walked out of the bathroom, nervous to tell the girls. They always get it like minutes after I get mine…so they are screwed just like me.

“ Girls…” I mumbled and they looked up.

“What?” They all asked.

“ PH.” I said, which is our code word. Brock came up with it cause it stands for Period Hell, since he has to always deal with hormonal teenagers.

Their faces all dropped and turned pale.

“ WHATT!” Cassie yelled and they all sprinted to their campers, and screaming followed that.

“ FUCKING GREAT!”

“ SHIT!”

“ SON OF A BITCH!”

“ MOTHER FUCKER!” They all screamed and yelled and the guys stood around confused.

Suddenly Brock stumbled out of his camped, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

“ What is all the screaming about?” He asked tiredly and Harry turned to him.

“ Something about PH….?” HE said and Brock’s mouth dropped and he groaned.

“ NOT AGAIN!” He yelled and groaned.

“Can anyone explain to me what is going on…?” Louis mumbled and suddenly my face stared to get hot for no reason.

“ You should fucking know what’s going on! You went to heath class didn’t you!” I snapped, stomping back to the camper…oh god. And let Period hell begin….