Chapter 1: Our pasts/ Dance Studio

Dakota's POV

" Cassie! PUT THE BAT DOWN, THERE IS NO SUCH THIG AS A BOOGIE MAN! Audrey! GET OUT OF THE BATHROOM! YOU HAVE BEEN IN THERE FOR TWO HOURS! HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR YOU TO GET READY! Hazel! GET OUT OF THE FRIDGE WE BARLY HAVE ENOUGH FOOD AS IT IS! And Heather! Wait you are good never mind." I yelled and Cassie stopped screaming and put down the bat, Audrey came stopping out of the bathroom, Hazel slouched into the room with her arms crossed and her bottom lip sticking out and then Heather just chuckled...God, I have weird friends.

Well I have to suck it up and deal with my cuartro crazy amigas because I live with them. We all live in a small apartment in a small town in Iowa and we are all best friends. We met when we were little in an ally...we had all ran away from somebody...because we all had something going on at that time.

We have all had a bad past...that haunts us every night, but some more than others.

My soby background story is that my parents were murdered right in front of me and I was given to my aunt, who treated me like a slave. The only good thing that she did for me was take me to Florda when i was fourteen, where i met a british guy. The guy helped me think of a plan to get out of my aunts custity. Our plan worked because when i got back to Iowa, I went to the police and I was taken out of her custity and brought to the orphanage, where i met Audrey. I then escaped the hellhole when I turned eighteen and Cassie, Audrey and I all bought this apartment. Hazel and Audrey then both moved in a year later, which was actually just a month ago. Heather is only seventeen and Hazel is only sixteen. They both got kicked out of their houses and families for certain reasons.

Heather was abused by her family for her whole life. She has so many scars and wounds that it hurts us all just to see her like that. She ran away after she was almost killed. One day, Her dad had a knife and she tried to fight. She now has a scar going from the side of her stomach to her lower stomach from the knife.

The others also have hurting and devastating stories about their past.

Audrey was the victim of a bank robbery. She was held hostage and actually shot. She had survived but slipped into a comma for eight months. She was held back in school and her parents went poor and they moved into a small apartment and almost died of hunger. Her parents then died when she was twelve. She was brought to an orphanage and she got out a year ago and got a job and helped us buy the apartment.

Cassie story is a little different then the others. She used to live in London until she was 16 but she told us her story. She was diagnosed with lymphatic cancer when she was 10. That type of cancer is very hard to survive and is one of the worst ones. It was all over. She lost all of her hair and was bald until she turned fifteen. She got bullied ever since she was diagnosed. It just made it harder for her to recover and along with all the pain cancer came with, she has so many scars from the physical bullying. She was almost killed twice. Once because of the people at her school got a little too much confidence and ignorance that they brought knives and fire into the beatings.

The other time was when she tried suicide. One of her friends walked in on her and stopped her. I thanked god that they walked in and saved one of my best friends from killing herself. She also cut and self harmed but the her friend that se never talks about helped her. She learned that it is good to be herself and now she is happy and unique. Her hair is bright red and it is natural that way so she cant change it and she loves to mess around and act like a five year old and we love her for that, even thou she is nineteen and almost twenty and she acts like a four year old girl on a sugar rush.