18.0

She didn't stop sprinting until she made it to Jacob's house. She walked right in quietly and went into his room.

If she were not so upset she wouldn't have woken him but she knew that he would want to hear this.

"Jacob," she gently shook him.

He groaned under her touch and shifted slightly in bed.

"Jacob, get up. I need you," she whispered.

Jacob finally lifted his head up and looked at her, "What time is it?"

"About five in the morning. Now i need you to get up."

"Why? Come lay here with me."

Kate took a deep breath in slight annoyance no matter how tempting the offer sounded to her just then, "Jacob, Bella's made her choice and so have the Cullens. They just took a vote and they're voting to change her. Jacob, she's going to become a vampire."

Jacob shot out of bed and threw on a shirt and some shoes. He ran outside with Kate following close behind. He told her to wait a second before he sprinted off into the trees when he emerged he was in his wolf form. He came up to her and bent down low.

Kate smirked, "You know I don't think this is what people usually mean when they say ride your boyfriend."

Jacob coughed out a laugh and shifted around. Kate smiled at him before climbing onto his back. The second he felt her hands securely hold onto his fur, he bounded off into the forest. Kate felt comfortable on his back and didn't feel like she was going to fall. Jacob was graceful as he ran through the forest he knew so well. She didn't know where he was going but he sure did.

They began to slow as they reached the road from the trees to the middle of town. Jacob bent down again and Kate walked away so he could phase and change into clothes. When he rejoined her, he grabbed her hand and dragged her into the middle of the street. Kate didn't know what they were waiting for until she heard the sound of an approaching car engine.

Edward's shiny Volvo rounded the corner and he came to a stop before them. Jacob and Kate walked off into the forest where they just were and waited for Bella and Edward to come talk to them. They stood side by side as they watched them approach. Anger was radiating off the two of them that Edward surely noticed.

"Kate told me what happened. So you're still alive for now?" Jacob asked Bella scathingly.

Edward interrupted, "He thinks it's me keeping you away."

"You stay the hell out of my head."

"Jacob, I know you have something to say to me but I want to say something to you first if that's alright? Thank you. Thank you for keeping Bella alive when I didn't."

"No you didn't. You didn't care about Bella let alone Kate. What? She's not important to you too? If it weren't for Kate, Bella would be dead."

Kate, knowing Edward would be paying attention, thought about how she found her sister after Edward left, how she was turing into a shell of human being before her eyes. Edward winced and Kate smirked happy that she caused him even a little pain.

"I know and I'm still grateful, but I'm here now and I'm not going to leave her side until she orders me away," Edward told them.

"We'll see," Kate bit back bile.

Edward made to turn around but Jacob stopped him.

"Hey, my turn to talk. I'm here to remind you about a key point in the treaty," Jacob said.

Edward looked pained, "I haven't forgotten."

Bella looked between the two boys and then at Kate, "What key point?"

Jacob smirked, "If any of them bites a human, the truce is over. There will be war."

"But if I choose it, then it has nothing to do with you!"

Jacob stepped forward, "No, I won't let you. I won't lose my best friend to those bloodsuckers. You're not going to be one of them!"

"It's not up to you. Either of you," she shot at Kate.

"You know what we'll do to you, I won't have a choice," Jacob begged.

Edward put his hand on Bella's arm to guide her away, "Bella, please come."

"Wait," Bella shoved him off.

Bella walked up to her sister who stared her down with a mixture of pain and anger. The boys watched silently as the two sisters stared at each other before Bella spoke quietly.

"And you? What side will you choose?" Bella asked her.

"I didn't want there to be sides. There weren't any until you made a side that night you ran off. I'm not a wolf but they're my pack and I'll die with them if it comes to it."

"Kate, I love you...So, please...Don't make me choose between you and him."

Kate stayed silent. Bella searched her sister's face before continuing, "Because it'll be him. It's always been him and it will always be him. Just like you and Jacob."

It was as if she was punched in the gut. Jacob sensed this change because he stood closer to her. Kate opened and closed her mouth several times not knowing what to say. She finally closed her mouth tight and closed her eyes. When she opened them, a look Bella had never seen before was deep within them. Cold anger was all she could see and Bella looked even somewhat frightened.

"You were my sister. I would have always chosen you up," Kate said lowly taking a step closer to her sister, "but now you're going to know what it's like to be second choice. So you're right it will always be Jacob. We're done, finished."

Bella backed away from her sister like Kate had just slapped her. Edward put her arm protectively around Bella to get her away from Kate. Jacob stepped in front of Kate to act like a barrier between the sisters.

"Leave, Jacob," Edward told him.

The anger that Jacob was feeling at seeing Kate hurt burst through, "No, you don't speak for her."

Jacob grabbed Edward's arm to throw him away but Edward was too quick for him. Edward threw Jacob back, high in the air. Before he touched the ground, Jacob had phased. Edward sent Bella away as Kate and Jacob prepared themselves to fight the vampire together but before they could Bella ran in between the two opposing forces. With her Bella in the middle of danger, some part of her still didn't want to see her older sister in danger and Kate rushed between Edward and Jacob. The two girls stood between what would start a civil war waiting to see what would happen.

Kate looked back at Jacob and saw that he had relaxed his stance. She nodded to him before turning back to Bella.

"Looks, like we're on opposite sides now, sister," Kate spat at her.

Bella looked dumbfounded as she watched Kate climb onto Jacob's back and they ran off towards La Push without looking back.