1.0

Katherine Swan crept into her sister's room with her father, Charlie, following lazily behind her. Today was her sister's eighteenth birthday. Bella was adamant about anyone making a big deal about it. But because Kate was an annoying little sister, she conspired with Alice to make it a bigger deal than Bella ever wanted it to be.

Bella lay peacefully asleep on her bed unaware that she was about to get woken up in an amazingly spectacularly rude way. Kate launched herself onto her sister's bed and started violently shoving her.

"Happy birthday, Bells!" she shouted in Bella's ear.

Her sister woke with a start and a little scream before pushing Kate off of the bed so that she landed on the floor. While Bella caught her breath, Kate howled with laughter.

"You should've seen your face," she said in between laughs.

Charlie sheepishly slumped in, "Happy Birthday, Bella. I tried to stop her."

Kate pushed herself up and sat on the edge of her sister's bed.

"I thought we agreed on no presents," Bella said as she eyed the packages in her father's hands.

"I never agreed so open mine first," Kate chirped taking the topmost package from Charlie's hands and shoving it Bella's way.

She gave Kate a slightly annoyed look before opening the wrapped package before her. When she tore away the paper, Bella gasped. Kate gave her a very old copy of a Compendium of Shakespeare's Works. She knew how much her sister loved Shakespeare so she figures she could at least dig this up.

"Where did you find this?" Bella asked disbelievingly.

Kate shrugged, "Bribed the right people, killed the others..."

"Kate," Charlie said sternly, apparently not finding the joke as amusing as she did.

"Okay, I bought if off of an online auction. Happy?" she rolled her eyes at her dad, "But my story was much more fun."

Charlie ignored his youngest daughter and handed Bella a camera with a bow on it, "It isn't wrapped so it doesn't count."

Bella took it with a small smile, "That's actually great! Thanks dad."

"It goes with this one from your mom. We coordinated. Well, she coordinated me. It's to put your pictures in from senior year," he explained as Bella unwrapped a scrapbook. "Senior year. How'd you get so old so fast?"

Bella's eyes snapped up at him, "I didn't! It's not that old."

"I don't know. Is that a grey hair?"

Bella leapt up from the bed and went straight to her mirror. After inspecting her head for any sign of aging she turned back to Charlie with another annoyed look. Kate laughed and ran back to her room to get ready for school.

"Happy birthday, grandma," she called back before slamming the door so she couldn't hear Bella's no doubt angry response.

Bella drove the two girls to school that day and when they got into the parking lot, they saw their friends waiting for them.

"Kate," Jessica exclaimed quickly as Kate got out of the truck, "Oh my god you'll never guess what happened last night! So I was..." Jessica cut herself off, "Bella! Today's the big day!"