The Vampire Bodyguard - Chapter Three.

Finished another little bit, so i thought i'd put it on :)

Still not edited, so there are probably mistakes, sorrrrrrrrrry x

drop a comment if you likeee x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-CHAPTER THREE-

The next few weeks were filled with excitement; I couldn’t wait to get out of this house, to experience living on my own! Making friends! I could not wait. But today was going to suck; I was meeting Josiah, what a stupid name? He was going to be my close guard. My plan, to meet him and say hello be polite in front of my parents, the second I’m out of here, not one word would be shared between us, besides he was bound to be a little stuck up and boring, his job was to be quiet and look for bad guys. Must be fun. Not. I walked down the stairs in my favourite plain denim jeans and my big baggy grey hoodie. My mother saw me and her mouth gaped open “JADE! What are you wearing! Your meeting Josiah in five minutes, he’ll be here any second, go change!” I frowned continuing down the stairs past my mother, noticing Graham smirking slightly stood by the door. “I’m not changing, this guy is going to see my practically every day, he’s going to know I’m not the prim princess you seem to think I ought to be.” She frowned and I smirked “Mother, please just relax, he won’t judge you on what I am wearing.” She frowned and flattened out her extremely tight floral cocktail dress and ran her hands through her chestnut hair. I rolled my eyes to myself and looked in the mirror at my own darker hair that fell down to my shoulders. I looked so girly and young. I tied it up in a messy bun quickly and entered the living room where my father was waiting talking to Colin. I walked in and sat cross legged on the floor. Colin walked out and my father turned to me “Your mother will end up pulling her hair out one day, ha-ha sat on the floor, she paid thousands for the comfiest sofas and yet you sit on the floor.” I smiled “I’m comfy.” He smiled, I heard my mother voice close by “It’s so nice to meet you; if you just come through I’ll introduce you to my husband and Jade.” The door started to open and I saw a tall handsome man walk through. He looked at my father then down to me on the floor. I saw my mother’s horrified face at me “Jade, get up of the floor, come on we have guests” I stood up and looked to my feet.

Josiah’s POV.

I walked up to the mansion noticing the security on the front door; they looked to be at least two centuries old. I’m not surprised, this man, John Whitner was like a king to our kind, I certainly had a lot of respect for him, he helped our kind to fit in, other humans saw us as a threat but no not him, he wanted to help, be the connection between our kind and the humans without the humans knowing.

I walked up to the door and the biggest vamp at the door looked me up and down and I spoke simply “Josiah.” The vamp stared me in the eye for a few more seconds before nodding his head for me to enter the huge house. Before I could reach the handle the door was opening and a brightly dressed woman with chestnut hair answered the door with a huge smile on her face. She held her hand out and blushed as she spoke “You must be Josiah! I’m Nancy, John’s wife” I shook her hand and smiled at the polite woman “Yes I’m Josiah” I walked on in past her and she smiled at me blushing again, their house was huge. “It’s so nice to meet you; if you just come through I’ll introduce you to my husband and Jade.” I walked towards the door she held open for me and walked in to this enormous finely decorated room; I saw John and then out of the corner of my eye a tiny thing sat on the floor. Suddenly Nancy spoke again sounding strained “Jade, get up off the floor, come on we have guests” the girl stood up off the floor revealing that she was in fact quite small, not only height ways, she was just physically tiny, she focused her bright blue eyes to the ground. She was wearing normal jeans and a hoodie, no make-up or anything. That surprised me; I thought she would be a bit stuck up, wearing a lot of make-up and designer dresses and expensive clothes. She didn’t look up as John shook my hand and spoke “Josiah, lovely to meet you son.” I smiled shaking his hand firmly “It’s an honour, I have great respect for you and all you do sir” He smiled and waved it off “Call me John, sit! Sit down” as I sat down on the opposite sofa to him and his wife, I looked towards Jade stood awkwardly to the side clenching and unclenching her toes. Nancy spoke again and put a forced smile on her face as she looked at Jade, obviously slightly embarrassed by the behaviour that I myself found quite funny. “Jade, come and introduce yourself to Josiah?” She looked up to her mother with a smirk on her face and walked over to me with a skip “Sorry, Josiah” she held her small hand out and I took it gently “I’m Jade, lovely to meet you.” She then took her hand away and went back to sitting on the floor, this time she sat her arm tucked around her knees, chewing on the sleeve of her hoodie as she smiled at her mother knowingly, when I saw Nancy’s face I nearly laughed myself, she looked like her daughter had just killed someone!

John then coughed and then spoke “Well Josiah…did you receive the terms and conditions of this job?” I nodded, all 50 pages of them. “Yes, I did, and it’s all fine.” John nodded but before he could speak Jade had spoken up with a small frown on her face “Wait, can I please hear the terms and conditions? Can I know what’s going to go on, because I have no idea what’s going to go on?” Nancy closed her eyes for a second then looked towards John rubbing her head slightly, looking to be in a slight bit of pain, “John, let’s leave them to talk about this, I have heard this too many times, I know exactly what’s going on. Jade. Josiah. Get to know each other, talk about what’s going to happen and come and join us in the other room when you’re done, I think I am getting a headache.” With that she walked out of the door, John close behind, leaving with a nod towards me before he left.