Chapter 20- My Imprint part I

Author’s note: I dedicate this chapter to kittykatismyname for always commenting and voting. Thanks so much! It means a lot to me!

Also a quick ‘well done’ to those of you who noticed in the previous chapter that Jake was not Leah’s alpha yet (my apologies again for getting confused as to where the characters are at in terms of pack status!). So just to clarify, Jake should have told Edward in the previous chapter that Leah would happily do the honour of killing him, without mentioning that he is her alpha. Paul would not have come into it at all. I will go back and change this shortly.

About this chapter: I just wanted to say that I know that the Renesmee I portray in this chapter and the following one is more mentally advanced than in canon. The reasons being that I wanted Jacob’s first experience and interaction with her to be interesting, and to reflect Renesmee’s gift as well as her understanding of what he means to her. Given that we don’t know what happens after Jake imprints, this is my own version, so this is my own imagination running free here! Nevertheless, I hope you still love this chapter!

Update on writing: So, I have finally finished writing ‘Trust me’. It has ended up becoming 2 chapters longer than I intended, so I am hoping you guys are okay with that :P The epilogue will be split into two chapters (it’s 40 A4 pages long!) but I hope you enjoy it, it’s a little different :) So now as I promised, I will be updating twice a week from now until the story is complete. My updating days will be Tuesday and Saturday (as they were before).

Anyway, enough of my chatter, enjoy the chapter and please, please let me know what you think!

Trust me

Chapter 20- My imprint Part 1

Jacob’s POV

Bella’s racing heart was a distant sound to me. Even though I knew it was a sure sign that Bella would be okay, not even something that miraculous could distract me from the strong pull I felt towards the little girl in front of me.

This is impossible, I told myself as I stared into the exact chocolate brown of Bella’s eyes which were peaking at me from behind Rosalie’s shoulder. Yet the intense love and devotion, the overwhelming sense of contentment and fulfillment, and the irresistible pull she had on me told me that this was not only possible, but very real.

“Oh my God,” I whispered under my breath, as I fell to my knees; no longer able to support my weight under the amazing pull she had on me. It felt completely surreal.

To my surprise, Renesmee, who had been watching me, suddenly thrust her little arms in front of her, holding them out to me; she wanted me to hold her. I immediately leapt onto my feet and took two long, fast strides towards her, not wanting to waste any time in granting my imprint her wish.

The combination of my approach and the sound of Renesmee’s anticipation, alerted Rosalie to what was happening. Immediately, the blonde vampire stood up to face me. I stopped in my tracks, my eyes focused on my imprint, who had swiveled in Rosalie’s arms so she could continue to reach for me. Rosalie’s eyes were wide in shock as she stared speechless between me and Renesmee.

Finally, she asked Renesmee: “What’s wrong beautiful girl?” Immediately, Renesmee reached up and touched Rosalie’s neck. I had no idea what she was doing, but it must’ve had some purpose because Rosalie was looking at me, deeply confused, her eyes narrowed in worry. She then looked down at her niece questioningly.