Chapter twenty

20.

"Why don't you go stock the shelves or something?" Verity seethed at me as I glared at her. This was probably the twelfth time in the past hour she had tried to get me to do something other than work the cash register. The minute I came in the shop she seemed to have her icy stare set on me; Fred, George and Lee informed me it was probably cause she thought I was a boy and didn't do well with new people. Either way I was getting pretty fed up with her 'tude. This was my first day working full time at the shop and she was ruining my dream. "Are you even listening? We're slow, we don't need both of us on the register."

My eyebrow twitched, wanting to scream at her. If anyone should leave the register it should be her and not because she's just being a brat right now, but because she honestly was rather slow ringing people up. I would ring up four people in the time she would begrudgingly ring up one and it's not like she was even chatting the people up, she was just slow. It may have also helped that I use to work in a retail store when I was high school. "You know Verity..." I bite my tongue as I noticed the twins chatting with one of the older clients that came in, "Fine. I will go stock the shelves." I complied, I just needed to get away from this girl and her 'tude. She has won this battle, but she has not won the war!

I walked over to the twins as I smiled noticing Fred's smile grow just a tad wider once I walked over, however, I could have been imagining it. "Mouse! How's working with Verity going?" Fred asked after the twins said goodbye to the gentleman holding his merchandise of Weasley products.

I let out quite the exaggerated groan as I looked at them, George snickered, "that well eh? Don't worry I'm sure she'll grow on you."

"Look I don't know if you two realize this, but the girl despises me. For whatever reason, I am unsure, maybe this wasn't the best idea for me to come work here." I groaned, obviously I did not mean it, but man I really also hated the constant icy looks I would get from this girl. I thought she would be funny like the twins, but she's quite the opposite.

"Tut tut tut, already thinking about quitting already Holmes?" Fred asked with a disapproving look, I rolled my eyes at his "stern" expression.

"No. I am not a quitter, lazy yes, but not a quitter. At least not most days, Tuesday and Thursday are entirely different, however." I replied with a smirk as Fred and smiled at each other.

"Well we may have something to show you—"

"that will make you proud to be part of the WWW clan!" Fred finished with a grin as I raised an eyebrow at the two of them.

"Oh? Is it a troll riding on a unicycle or a cat that changes the colors of its fur? Ooooh! Or is it a tap dancing naked mole rat who's name is Oscar?" I replied with wide eyes and a grin plastered on my face. Fred and George gave each other a comical and quizzical look before they just linked arms with me.

"Maybe it's best we just show you instead of your guesses, Ro." George replied as I glared at them before they lead me to a small little shelf next to the Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder and by the Skiving Snackboxes. I immediately noticed the small little display that held an enchanted floating bowl of a different variety of what looked like salt water taffy. As well as little boxes of the candy ranging from a pack of 10 to 200, however, there was no name on the display or the boxes it was left blank. "Hey! I know that taffy!" I remarked noticing the familiar orange one, I had a supply of those under my/Percy's bed back at the burrow.

"Yes well love we've finally finished the product, worked out all the kinks—" George began as Fred continued for him. "And tweeked some of the flavors, no thanks to you and your countless input."