Chapter Thirteen

13.

"And that's how I got the wand, okay?" I finished my story telling of my ability of drawing and things coming to life when I sign the art. The twins and Ginny stared at me with unbelieving stares.

"Do you really expect us to believe that love?" George asked as Fred shook his head.

"Honestly Ro, you think we're that daft?"

"I'm telling the truth!" I exclaimed, offended that they didn't believe. I just spilled the beans on this huge fantastic thing that only I can do in a magical world and they don't believe me? What kind of malarkey is that?

"Rowan if you can really do what you say you can do, how come the owl didn't come to life when you gave that drawing to Harry?" Ginny looked over at me, wanting to believe me but she needed proof. I could do that... Hopefully.

"Look I have to sign the picture, I don't know why it needs my John Hancock—"

"You're what?" The twins grinned as they looked at me before I rolled my eyes at them. "It's an expression where I'm from." I replied quickly, "but fine you guys want proof? Okay, I can give you stupid proof. Give me that piece of parchment over there."

Fred grabbed the paper as he handed it over to me; I quickly grabbed it and grabbed the quill on the dresser as I bent down on the floor with the parchment, ink and quill. I immediately started to draw a pencil, making it as realistic as possible, even writing the little number 2 on the side. "All we see is that you're a brilliant artist." Ginny replied as I glared up at the lot of them.

"Well if you all would be patient and let me finish, you'll see what happens." I replied grumpily. I quickly finished shading in as much as the pencil as I could to make it more realistic, if this worked maybe I could actually have a pencil instead of a quill to draw with. It was much harder to draw with a quill, took an extremely longer amount of time. "Okay, now all it needs is my signature." I muttered mostly to myself, praying this wasn't going to be one of those situations where something doesn't happen and then it just makes me look like not only a liar, but also crazy.

I scribbled my name on the bottom of the page and blew at it in order to make it dry faster and in an instant I had blown the pencil right off the page, it rolled on the ground and stopped once it hit Fred's foot. Fred bent down and picked up the pencil, I looked up with the biggest smirk playing on my face as the three of them looked at the black and white pencil in awestruck. "Bloody hell, she's telling the truth." Ginny muttered as she looked back at me.

"Believe me now?"

"You're going to have to do that again Ro." George replied as I smirked.

"My pleasure." Fred handed me another piece of parchment and the new pencil as I started drawing with the pencil, and it worked surprisingly well. I smiled as a new sense of relief came in telling Ginny and the twins part of the truth. I didn't feel so alone.

"Wingardium Leviosa" I uttered the spell, putting an emphasis on the OH as I pointed my wand at Dobby in the twins room. Dobby just meowed and licked the tip of the wand after nothing happened. I groaned. "I told you guys, no matter how hard I try or how much oomph I put in the spell, nothing happens."