Chapter Fourteen

14.

            I moved the wand in the air making the ink come out of the tip in a wave as I tried to concentrate on connecting the lines in the air, however just as I was about to connect the lines the ink fell to the ground. "Damn it!" I yelled in frustration as I looked at the ink staining the ground before it was gone in an instant. Seemed like the ink didn't stay once it left my wand unless it was an explosion like last time. I looked up at Ginny who just smiled at me.

"You were closer that time." Ginny assured me as I dropped down on the bed next to her empty trunk. "Yeah but not close enough, and who's to say anything will happen once them to connect?"

"You just need to keep practicing. This just doesn't happen over night." Ginny replied as she lay next to me. "You have time."

I felt a small smile form on my lips as I looked at the girl; she was going to leave to go to Hogwarts soon. Fred and George had gone back to the joke shop to continue business about a week ago. I had been working on this for what felt like forever, just trying to make a ball. I didn't have time; I had to perfect this to where I could do what I did in Dumbledore's office. I had a vague sense of time when the War would actually happen at Hogwarts, I needed to be prepared way before then if I was planning to survive here. "I don't have time Ginny, we're in a war."

Ginny frowned as she looked over at me, "but you're safe. We're not going to let anything happen to you."

I wasn't worried about myself. I wanted to protect them all.

"I know," I sighed as I looked over at her this time, "I'm just impatient."

"Well come on, help me pack! It's break time!" Ginny replied with a grin as she jumped off the bed, I sat up on her bed with an eye roll. "Ginny, you don't need me to help you pack, you could do this on your own with a flick of your wand."

"Remember, I'm underage, so I have to do it the old fashion way. Thankfully I have you to help me though." Ginny replied with a smirk as I smiled and shook my head at the girl before I stood up and helped her pack some of her books in her trunk.

After we finished packing some of her stuff I left her room and found myself upstairs going to Percy's room, which was my room as of right now. I stopped at the twins' room on the way, placing my hand on their door. I missed them. They were running things back in the joke shop; they would come up every other night though to help me practice and mess with me. I had begged them every time I saw them to take me to the joke shop, but there was still a death eater watching the burrow and there were a lot more peculiar people roaming Diagon Alley, so Mrs. Weasley was very adamant in me not going to the joke shop with the twins as of right now. Which meant I would probably never see the joke shop.

I found Dobby lying on my bed as usual, "having a hard day are we?" I asked the cat as I picked him up and smiled at him, he purred in response. "Dobby, how am I supposed to help people here when I can't even do anything?"

He meowed in response, "right, I know I'm not a quitter. Well at least not with this." I replied as I sat down on the bed looking at the wand, "Where was this determination when I was back in my world? Lily would probably tell me to get off my ass and get to it." I felt an ache in my chest as I thought about my best friend, was she worried about me? I sighed, she probably was. The only person that was probably concerned about me besides maybe my mother, but she had my perfect stepsisters to keep her from concerning about me. "I wish we didn't leave things in such an awful place considering I could die here."