Christmas

Christmas was just around the corner, and while the lifeguards braced themselves for one of the busiest days of the year, that wasn't the only thing on their mind.

Each year, the lifeguards would hold a "Secret Santa" event, in which all 35 lifeguards employed by Waverly Council randomly pick a name out of a hat, then get a present for that person.

Tania had picked out Bisho's name, and since he was widely known as a fashion guru, she decided to get him a fashionable hat and a tank top with "I LOVE CLOTHES MORE THAN MOST WOMEN DO" printed at the back, which was something they teased about him all the time.

Working on her first Christmas day should be interesting, thought Tania, as she brushed her hair, getting ready for the 8am shift. After all, there'd been quite a few amusing tales about Christmas day...

A chorus of "Morning!" and "Merry Christmas!" greeted Tania as she entered the tower. While the day had just started, the lifeguards have already come on duty- Chappo, Whippet, Beardy, Mouse, Hoppo, Tom and Jesse were all rostered on today.

"First Chrissy, eh? Any expectations?" Tom teased as they drove to the South End, the most dangerous part of the beach.

"I hope it won't get too extreme, although Backpackers is fangin' today," Tania looked pensive as she caught sight of the monster rip.

"Yeah, and there's going to be a whole lot of drunk people coming down for a swim, get themselves in trouble- check out Yatesy on the jetski!" Their attention was suddenly diverted as they caught sight of Yatesy speeding along the coast, waving to the excited children.

As they kept watch over the water, continuously moving swimmers out of the dangerous area, Tania noticed 4 backpackers in santa hats that were dragged out by Backpackers Rip. Sighing at the blatant stupidity of some people, Tania began stripping off, "Tommy, I'm heading in for those blokes in santa hats, and I'll need backup."

Tom observed the guys that were starting to panic, then radioed the tower. Each grabbing a rescue board, the two of them headed into the water.

"You're alright mate, just take a few deep breaths," Tania tried to keep 2 blokes- who looked like they were in their early 20s, calm, while the other 2 went to Tom's board.

"A double rescue to start off Chrissy, eh?" Tom gave a sly grin.

"Great start!" Tania rolled her eyes, as she tried to get the two guys to lie on their stomachs- except that they were  nude.

After a long struggle, Tania finally managed to paddle them back to shore, while trying her best to ignore the bare bum that was right in her face.

Since Tom did a must faster job of ferrying his patients to shore, he wasted no time in laughing at Tania's bemused face as she walked out of the water.

"Guys, please swim between the red and yellow flags, this is a very dangerous area," Tania lectured the guys, who were still only clad in santa hats, yet they didn't seem to be listening.

"D'you have a boyfriend?" one of the guys suddenly blurted out, in a distinct Irish accent.

"I'm sorry? I'm 17, what are you talking about?" Tania couldn't believe her ears, yet she could see Tom holding back his laughter.

Then two of them swooped in to kiss her on both sides of the cheek, while Tania froze like a statue, and hightailed it out of their sight, but not before receiving Tom's helpful advice, "Put some pants on, mate!"

Back in the buggy, Tania was still in disbelief, but the teasing was not over yet.

"Egg, did you see her expression when the bloke's bum was right in her face? We got it on camera and we're currently rewatching it!" Mouse cackled over the radio.