Chapter Eighteen

a/n: the fact that this story is getting 130 votes on the chapters is blowing my mind

so again i give u the biggest thank you i can convey through a computer screen ily

anyway our sandwich "BLT" will be ending soon :( I want to focus on my other story ("Our Lovely Misfortune"--you should go check it out if you havent already) and there isn't much else i want to do with this

but there will be an epilogue if you all want it

next question-- do you guys want smut or not??

i'll do dedications later ok i ran out of time ily

Louis had a brilliant time with Zayn and Perrie.

At first, he was a bit apprehensive—he didn’t know how he would fit into their dynamic—but Zayn and Perrie broke that wall down right away.

For example, when they watched films together the first night, Zayn dragged Louis off the opposite sofa and pulled him underneath the duvet that he and Perrie had been sharing. The lack of space was uncomfortable at first, but he eased into Zayn’s chest and didn’t feel so squeamish when Perrie laid her head in his lap. It was kind of funny—Zayn didn’t mind that Perrie was curled up with Louis.

Perrie ended up burning the dinner she was making because they spent so long discussing the Harry-Louis situation—which turned out all right because they ordered takeout. Zayn made some jokes about having to find a new girlfriend because obviously his couldn’t cook. Perrie chuckled and told him she’d burn all his dinners if that’s what it took to get rid of his laundry all over her side of their bed. The kiss that followed was full of giggles and fond smiles.

Louis watched and ached for Harry the whole time.

So even though he had one of the best times he’s ever had, he was happy when Sunday finally came around. Louis got up early that morning to shower and get himself ready for his return home, even though Harry wouldn’t pick him up until late afternoon. He’d texted Louis a very cryptic message that night when they were exchanging their usual cheese about sleeping well—and Louis wanted to make sure he looked nice before whatever Harry had planned.

The day went by impossibly slow. Louis tried not to look at the clocks too often—so Zayn and Perrie didn’t get offended, of course. Though Zayn could see in Louis’ anxious eyes that he really did miss Harry, and he couldn’t miss an opportunity like that to bring him up again.

“It’s almost like you want to leave us,” Zayn said, taking a huge bite out of the salad he’d made for the three of them. “It’s all over your face.”

Perrie quickly jumped in—she could read Zayn’s thoughts. They often worked together like that.

“Yeah, Louis,” she added casually. “Almost like… You’ve got a date later.”

Louis blushed right to the roots of his hair. He tried to disguise his embarrassment by eating another bite of vinaigrette-drenched lettuce.