Chapter Fifteen

a/n: already ladies and gentlemen heres the next chapter yay

i really need to consider what im doing with my life like this story has become my livihood and its so lame sometimes i laugh at myself but i could be confusing my laughter with my sobs ok

last chapter got 97 votes and 6 0 comments i ran into a flaming building

we are at 26.5k and 1.3k votes ok thats reeeddeekkuuullloooouuuusss

theres actually so many comments like i cant keep track of dedications im so sorry wow im trying i really am but 6 0 comments

it goes to @louisxwilliam cause her comment was really lovely and wow her icon is too and wow so is her user hey i like u 

anyways the song used in this chapter is "Underneath" by Adam Lambert so you can thank @imbadwithusernames for that brilliance (ps its on the sidebar and ps i did omit some lyrics fight me)

kk ilysm all

The rays of sun traced Louis’ face with its bright fingers that afternoon.

He woke up in a haze of warm winter sun and bleary eyes. Louis was curled up alone in the bed sheets—but he knew he hadn’t been alone all night. He hadn’t been alright all night either.

The seemingly harmless bandages wrapped around his arm told him that.

Louis sighed and rolled over, burying himself in the clean-smelling sheets. They reminded him of home and how his mum used to do the washing for him and make his bed every Sunday. There was something oddly nostalgic about the thought—they were just sheets, after all.

“And he’s finally awake,” a voice said from the doorway. Louis nearly yelped; he wasn’t alert enough to hear the footsteps coming down the hallway. He raised his head, his eyes still half-asleep and his hair tousled.

Harry was leaning against the door, his arms folded across his chest. The curls that Louis so loved about Harry were wet and sticking to his flushed cheeks. Louis could smell the body wash Harry used all the way from the door. Harry was freshly showered and looking very put-together.

“Hi,” Louis said in a small voice. He tucked his arms against his chest and watched Harry.

“Good to see you’re up,” Harry grinned. “I was about to wake you anyways, and I don’t think you would’ve liked it.”

“Probably not,” Louis yawned, rubbing his eyes. “Not a good morning person.”

“Afternoon person, more like,” Harry corrected him. “It’s nearly two in the afternoon, which is why I was getting anxious! You can’t sleep away the whole day, especially when I have something good planned.”

His green eyes were shining with that excitement that made Louis grin sheepishly.