Chapter 1

Darryl's POV

Quietly I walked around the large red truck, I released a sigh. Why did I have to be the one to wash it? Don't get me wrong I didn't mind washing it but I was just not in the mood to have to put everything away after wards well all the other guys sat on their asses in the living room watching the last quarter of the football game and it was my team playing! It's not that I don't like any of them, no I love my brothers. Not in that gross love way -no that love was saved for my cowboy, I loved them like you would love a real brother.

A pleasant sigh made its way through me as I thought of my cowboy. I missed him. I hadn't been able to go see him for two weeks now.

I twisted the golden band on my left ring finger. The reason I wasn't with my cowboy every night was the same thing that caused me to wear that damn ring. Okay yes the ring was my own doing but after knocking Kali up I couldn't just leave her. No I had to be a man and take her hand in marriage.

Okay, yes getting her knocked up was my doing, but hey it was a drunken night!

But either way I wouldn't take the night back as I wouldn't have my adorable five-year-old son I have now. The only reason I stayed with Kali was little Justin.

"Darryl."

I blinked my thoughts away and turned to look behind me only to find him standing there.

"Austin? What are you doing here?" I asked as I quickly looked around, someone could see him here! "Someone could see you!" I whispered harshly. Okay I had a bit of a guilty conscience on me.

He stepped forwards towards me, "Calm down Darryl," he said reaching out to touch my upper arm. "I missed you, and was in town picking up a few things and seen your car here and then seen you outside washing the truck. Then I had to come in and see you."

I blinked, "You watched me wash the truck?" I questioned him in a whisper.

He grinned, "Yeah. You know my trucks pretty dirty you could wash it too, but I think we'd have you wearing less."

I stared at him, how could he be talking to me like this here? I looked towards his eyes but only found shadow. I frowned and reached up to push the brim of his hat up so I could see his brown eyes. That trademark brown cowboy hat was part of him but it got in the damn way a lot!

His eyes were amused as he watched me, "Now why on earth would I wash your truck?" I questioned.

"Cause it'd be sexy as hell," Austin smirked.

I shook my head and stepped back from him, why was he doing this here? One of the guys could walk in at any second and see us!

His face turned sad along with his eyes when I pulled away. "You didn't come out last night," he said quietly.

I looked down, twisting the band on my finger again. "I know, I'm sorry, but Kali decided we needed to have a family movie night." I told him quietly.

"You couldn't have called or text me?"

I shook my head, "No, my phone was in the car, she'd notice if I went out to get it. She doesn't think I have anyone I need to contact besides her."

He stuck his hands in his jean pockets, "When do you think you can come out?" he asked.

I thought for a moment, "Well I was supposed to have a 24-hour shift coming Tuesday but that got changed to only six hours in the morning. 6 am to 12 pm. I could just tell her I still have the 24 hour and come out to your place for the 18 hours."

"Tuesday?" He asked then nodded, "That's three days from now but alright. Call me if it changes. Okay?"

I nodded, "Okay." I agreed.

He smiled and stepped right up to me and gave me a quick kiss before he turned and walked out of the hall.

I watched him go across the road to his big Chevy pickup before I headed to the living room to sit with the rest of the guys. My mind on my brunette cowboy for the rest of the afternoon until the call we got in the evening.