[16]

"I'm okay, Dad," Skylar muttered as she went to sit down. "Really."

Having just come home from the hospital after a week of observation, Skylar couldn't have been happier to see her own kitchen. Along with the food... Mainly the food. 

Charlie had stayed with his daughter the entire week, save going home when Sue forced him to eat a half way decent meal. It was Sue that brought Skylar homemade meals almost everyday. She could see the way that the two adults looked at each other, and it made her laugh knowing that the two of them had some type of feelings. 

She could see Charlie being happy with Sue. Growing old (well, older) with her. It made Skylar smile just thinking about it. He deserved to be happy, maybe more than anyone she knew. 

Bella walked through the door, right behind Charlie. Staring at her twin with some kind of emotion, she stopped just beside her. 

"I'm going to go back to the hospital and finish signing the paperwork," Charlie stated. He stared at Skylar for a moment. "Please, be careful. Don't do anything too irrational, although I know that will be hard for you to do. I'll be back within the hour."

Both girls nodded at their father as he left. They sat in silence as they heard his car start up, and then slowly pull away. 

Bella shook her head as she leaned back against the table. "I can't... I'm going to be with Edward today."

Skylar nodded hesitantly, taken aback by her tone. "Did I do something wrong?"

Her twins head snapped towards her. "Why would you think that?"

"Don't do that to me, Bells. You haven't said a word to me since that day at the hospital. What did I do?"

"It's not you, Sky." Bella sighed. "It's my fault you were up there. It's my fault that you almost died. You shouldn't be involved in this world, and it's my fault that you are."

Skylar scoffed. "If it wasn't for you Bella, I may not have met Paul. I'm meant to be right here." Bella shook her head, disagreeing. "I have to go."

She watched as Bella practically ran from the kitchen. Sitting in silence and losing track of time, she startled upwards as the door opened. "Dad? Did you forget something?"

Her eyes widened as Paul appeared in the doorway. But instead of his signature smirk, he wore a look of apprehension. "Paul? I didn't know you were-"

He shook his head, making her stop her words. He bent down to kiss her forehead, exhaling a long sigh. "I need to tell you something, Skylar."

"You're pregnant, aren't you?"

He playfully rolled his eyes, cracking a small smile before wiping it off his face. "I should have been there to protect you." He put a finger to her lips, stopping her protests. "I should have. I'm damn lucky I didn't lose you that day. But I won't take that chance again.

I'm sorry about not being around much this week, but I've been planning eveything. I've been so fucking nervous that I can't eat or sleep. I know you may think we're moving too fast. But you're my imprint, and I've known that I've loved you since I laid eyes you. I'm not going to risk you not being protected again."

"Paul. Where are you going with this?"

"I've found a place. Right off the beach, and just a quick walk to Emily's home. Skylar, I will not lose you. Fuck what people think, baby. I need to know that you'll be mine forever. " He pulled out a ring, taking Skylar's breath away. "I need to know, Skylar, if you'll do the honor of marrying me."

So that's the end of this book? Left you all on the biggest cliffhanger of the book. I didn't actually plan for this to happen, I just kinda wrote it out. I'll post the preview for the next book, so be sure to check and go ahead and add it to your libraries. It's been a long road for this book, but I'm very happy with the outcome. 

Feeling very blessed knowing that yall have continued to read my books, so I thank each one of yoouuu for sticking with me this long.