[03]

This wasn't exactly where Skylar wanted to be.

Sitting at her friends' lunch table, refusing to look straight ahead.

She could feel Bella's unrelenting gaze burning through her. It was the same cycle every day. And since she didn't want to be anywhere near Bella or the Cullens, Skylar had made the decision to move lunch tables. Which just so happened to be on the other side of the cafeteria.

Half the time, Skylar didn't even bother coming to lunch anymore. Instead, she focused on spending most of her time with Paul. However, they got caught today. Which meant Paul had to leave. Which meant Skylar came to lunch.

And had to feel Bella's unrelenting gaze on her.

Shifting her attention to her friends, Skylar sighed and continued to ignore her twin.

♦♦♦

Slamming the door shut behind her, Skylar dumped her bookbag besides the front door and headed for the kitchen. Stopping short when she heard her name called out from the living room. Swirling around, Skylar walked to Charlie's voice, only to find him and Bella sitting side by side on a couch.

"Sit down, Sky," Charlie said, patting the seat beside him.

Pulling her bottom lip between her teeth, Skylar hesitantly stepped forward to sit beside her father. Eyes cast downwards, she frowned as Charlie sighed.

"I don't like seeing my only daughters fighting," he began. "Now, I don't know what you two are fighting about, but I'm sick of it." Raising his hand up when Skylar started to protest, Charlie titled his head to stare at her. "The Cullens have... generously given Bella two tickets for Florida to see Renee. I would like for you to go with her."

Shooting upwards, Skylar furiously shook her head. "No. Absolutely not."

"I don't believe I was asking, Skylar. Now go pack your things. You're leaving tomorrow."

Scoffing, Skylar paced around to stand on the opposite side of the room. "I can see Mom anytime. Let Edward go with her."

"With what money? I don't exactly see it growing on trees here," Charlie shot back. "Now I don't want to hear any talking unless it you girls making up. Go pack."

Skylar threw one last glare at the two before storming up to her room.

Later on the night, Skylar was zipping her suitcase shut when her door cracked open. Raising an eyebrow as she glanced towards the door, she hastily turned back around the figure revealed themselves.

"Sky," Bella whispered. "Please just talk to me."

Tossing the bag on the carpet beside her bed, Skylar shook her head. "What do you want to talk about, Bella? Edward? Your future of plans on becoming one of them? I mean, what is next – marrying him?"

"It's not your life, Skylar," Bella spit out, eyes solely focused on the floor. "It's not your decision."

"But you are my sister. My twin. I have only ever cared about you, Bella. And you want to throw away everything for him." Throwing her hands up, Skylar finally turned to look at her twin. "How else would you expect me to feel other than betrayed? Especially after the shit you pulled in Italy."

With watery eyes, Bella lifted her gaze to meet Skylar's. "I came back. To see you."

"Don't play that shit with me! You came back to live a happy life with Edward. I was the last thing on your mind!" Skylar shouted. "So don't you come in here playing the victim when you are not!" Running a hand through her hair, she ruefully chuckled. "Maybe one day we'll be okay. But that day is not today. So get out of my room."

Ignoring the wounded sound that came from her twin, Skylar watched from the corner of her eye as Bella exited through the door. She bit her lip as she collapsed on her bed, trying to hold back a cry of her own.