Chapter Seventy

Sorry these chapters are rushed. I passed my driving test and got into my first choice university without going through clearing! Very happy.

copyright

(Niall – 29. Louis - 22)

"What paint have you chosen for the nursery?" Louis asked Niall, perusing the different paints on offer.

"We're doing half the room blue for our son, and the other half pink for the little girl. But, don't change the subject. How are you doing?" Niall grabbed Louis' shoulders and turned him towards him.

Louis sighed. "Everything's fine, I promise. Edward and I have sort of talked it out."

"Louis, it's good that the relationship between you and Edward is okay again, but you know what I'm talking about," Niall persisted.

"I – can't say that I'm doing fine. But, I can't do anything about what happened and I have to look after my other two now. I'm obviously not over the miscarriage yet and won't be for a long time, but I'm starting to accept it. I'm slowly becoming happy again."

"Promise?"

"Promise. Now, I was thinking of a creamy colour, or maybe even a grey colour for the nursery. Gender neutral. Then, I can get the nice white furniture over there which I really like."

As Louis walked away, mumbling to himself a list of everything he needed, to find a sales assistant to ring up his order, Niall sighed and watched him go. He didn't want to push Louis anymore than he already had. He slowly followed his best friend and for the first time didn't know what to do to help him.