Chapter Forty-Eight

I was in a chippy the other day and a wee toddler came in. She simply sat down beside me, looked outside to the street, looked back up at her father and said, "There are too many cars in the world." This probably sounds stupid to you all, but I just loved what she said and it will stick to me for a while.

P.S. Do any of you know how to find out where a book is ranked on wattpad?

copyright

(Niall – 16 weeks pregnant

Louis - 8 weeks pregnant)

The Alpha's smiled with a glint in their eyes, watching Louis skipping around the kitchen, plating up breakfast.

"Happy, kitten?" Harry asked.

"I'm so excited," Louis forced himself not to scream.

"Princess," Marcel tried to say calmly, "because I have to go to the hospital anyway, I can take you after breakfast and Harry and Edward can meet us there closer to the appointment?"

The triplets didn't think it was possible, but Louis' smile got wider and brighter.

Edward wrapped an arm around Louis' waist when the Omega walked past him, pulling him onto his lap. "Sit down and eat," he commanded.

Louis playfully glared at him, but obediently picked up Edward's fork and knife, eating off the Alpha's plate and occasionally giving his Mate forkfuls of food.

***

"Ready to go, princess?"

Louis' head snapped up from his book, a smile already spreading across his face, quickly grabbing Marcel's hand and letting the Alpha lead him out of his office, book discarded.

"Harry and Edward are waiting for us outside Zayn's office," Marcel answered the unspoken question.

When Louis saw Harry and Edward, he didn't even bother with greetings, asking a question straight away. "Did you bring liquorice?"

Harry rolled his eyes and handed over a bag straight away, Louis thanking him with a kiss on the cheek. Just as the Omega had the bag open and his first little cylinder between his teeth, the door opened and Zayn stepped out.

"You can go in and get yourself ready, I just have to run for a couple of seconds," he hastily got out, before speeding down the corridor.

The Mates looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders in unison, walking into the office and closing the door behind them.

The three brothers helped Louis onto the bed and propped his back up with pillows, whilst Louis pulled up his shirt to show off his baby bump and sucked on another piece of liquorice.

Harry leaned over the back of the bed, nuzzling Louis' hair, Marcel played with Louis' fingers and Edward's hand rubbed at Louis' bump.

"You know that you all will be brilliant fathers," Louis whispered.

The Alpha's looked at him curiously.

"Your mother told me about him," Louis explained.

"He was a great man," Harry whispered.

"I hope to be as great a father as he was," Marcel added.

"You will be," Louis promised.

All Edward did was kiss Louis' forehead, but Louis understood where he was coming from.

"Sorry for the wait," Zayn apologised as he stepped into the room. "Are we ready to hear the heartbeats?"

Louis happily nodded and the triplets sobered their emotions, nodding in happy agreement.

The five stayed quiet as Zayn liberally spread the cool jelly over Louis' stomach and picked up the ultrasound wand, moving it around the bump until he picked up a baby form. He pressed a button and heartbeats echoed around the room.

Louis' head snapped up to look Zayn in the eye. There was definitely more than his and one baby's heartbeats.

"Triplets," Zayn whispered conspiratorially.

Louis broke down in tears right there and cradled his stomach, not even caring about the jelly covering his palms.

"Congratulations," Zayn smiled.

The triplets nodded subconsciously, too engulfed in the wonderful news to even care about anything Zayn was saying.

"I would like to recommend yoga," Zayn offered, printing off sonogram pictures with the three babies.

Louis had to hold himself back from laughing, politely declining the offer.

Edward wiped the jelly off Louis' baby bump, Harry handing his boy another bit of liquorice to chew on, Marcel went back to playing with the Omega's fingers.

Marcel took the sonogram pictures gently, aiming to get them before Louis' sticky liquorice fingers could.

***

"So, what's the big news?" Niall asked off-handedly later that night when he was sharing a pint of ice-cream with Louis in the Styles' living-room.

"What do you mean?" Louis raised an eyebrow.

"A, you're not good at keeping secrets. B, every time we have news we seem to end up at each other houses, eating," Niall explained like it was the most normal thing in the world.

Louis rolled his eyes and stood, coming back a minute later. He handed Niall a little rectangle.

Niall squealed and dramatized himself counting each little pale shape. "Triplets?"

"Triplets for the triplets," Louis giggled.

"Congratulations!" Niall screamed, leaning over and pulling Louis into a tight hug. "So proud of my little friend."

"Who you calling little?"

"Love, you're not fooling anyone. You're like half the size of the triplets."

"You're a cheeky little skitter," Louis cheekily admonished, sneakily grabbing a pillow from the sofa behind him and swinging it at Niall.

Niall gasped and it took him a second to realise what was happening, before he turned, grabbed his own pillow and swung it at Louis in quick succession.

It didn't take long before they were both standing and swinging their pillows at each other, laughing maniacally.

It stayed an innocent little pillow fight, until they ran into the hallway, socked feet slipping across the floor, and into the kitchen, where their Alpha's were.

Louis squealed and ran as fast as he could to stand behind the muscled wall of his Alpha's.

"Oh, bring it on," Edward challenged, when Liam snatched Niall's pillow and flung it at the scarred Alpha. Edward smugly took the pillow his own Omega offered proudly, swinging back in retaliation.

That night there was a brutal pillow fight, which ended in a story they would tell their children...especially the part about Liam being attacked by a pregnant Louis when Liam hit daddy Marcel, knocking off his glasses. No one touches his Marcel.