Birthday

You woke up the next morning and looked at your phone. 56 new messages. You opened them one after another and texted back the same reply 'thanks'. You groaned when you realised the time. 8.28am. When you reached the 16th message, your heart jumped. It was Britney. But instead of saying happy birthday she said 'look at the news;)'. You ran as fast as your tired body could go as you sprinted to the TV. You sat down and watched as the report began. The woman began to speak "Popstar Britney Spears has yet again, managed to confuse fans as she sang Happy Birthday at her show last night. She ordered her band to start playing the tune before she allegedly said 'to my special someone, I love you'. After her management was asked why she sang it, they said 'Britney decided to wish all her fans a happy birthday to show them how much she appreciates them and cares for them'. Could this special someone be the person Britney is pictured with in the alleged alley photo? Apparently not, as Britney's management have stated 'this isn't Britney but some form of impersonator, she was over 400 miles away from where the picture was taken at the time'. As you muted the TV you heard the doorbell ring. You ran over to be greeted by a man whom you didn't know. "Hello?" You greeted him, confused as to why he was here.

"Happy birthday" he said as he handed you a bunch of white roses

"Thankyou" you said, even more confused "how much do I owe?"

"They aren't from me, silly, they are from someone who ordered them for you, look at the card attached, have a nice day" you watched the man as he walked back down the path, into his truck and drove away. As you shut the door behind you, you ran up the stairs, clutching the flowers in your right hand. When you made it to your bedroom, you sat on the bed and began to read the card that was hidden amongst the stems. You re-read it over and over outloud and in your head, you turned it over to see if there was anything else. No. The only thing on the card was an address and a time. Apartment 6e Twopenny Street, 8pm.

It was 7:43pm when you pulled up out the block of apartments. You got out of your car and looked up at all the floors you had to go up. You prayed there was an elevator. When you arrived at floor 6, you began to worry about who you were actually meeting. It's obviously Megan, you thought to yourself as you walked past 6b. When you arrived at the door marked 6e, you felt yourself getting butterflies. You knocked once. Twice. And a third time. You stood up straight and took your hands out of your coats pockets. You were greeted by man, in a suit, with a tray full of cocktails. He handed you a green coloured one and you thanked him. "She's up there" the man said as he opened the door to the stairs to the roof. You walked up the stairs, in what seemed like slow motion. When you emerged at the top you were almost dazzled by what you saw. You looked around at the plants covered in fairy lights of all your favourite colours. Green, red and purple. You slowly walked around observing the beautiful site that had been made just for you. "Beautiful isn't it?" You heard a familiar voice say from behind you. You turned and saw her. "Britney? I thought you were" you were interrupted by Britney putting her finger on your lips. "Yes I missed you too" she said, holding your hands. You looked down and realised you had your fingers interlocked with hers. "It's just so romantic" you said kissing her cheek. "Why not on the lips?" Britney asked, sticking out her lips. You leaned closer and quickly pecked her lips. "That's not a kiss, kiss me like you used to, when you loved me" Britney looked down and loosened her grip on your hands. You squeezed them, before lifting up Britney's face. "I still do" you said, looking her in the eyes before kissing her, gently. As you pulled apart from her lips, Britney opened her eyes and held you tight.

As you sat with Britney, drinking cocktails, one thing played on your mind. Why did she treat you like that, two years ago. You turned to her, she was sipping the cocktail through a straw. It reminded you of when you first fell for each other over three years ago. "Brit?" You said to her. "Yeah" she replied putting her cocktail down. "I, I, just, why did you, you deny our relationship two years ago?" You asked, looking down at your feet. Britney's face dropped and she began to tear up. "I don't know" she said, a few tears falling on to her cheeks. "I regret it" she said over and over as more tears fell from her eyes. You wiped the tears from her cheeks and whispered "just tell me why". Britney sat up and blinked until all the tears had gone. "My parents didn't want me to be gay. When they found out about you they went mad. They refused to let me see you and I couldn't bare it. I, I, I'm so sorry" she said, starting to cry again. Before you could speak, she continued "I denied it as, my parents would hate me too, but I'm okay now, I'm with you, I'm so sorry" she started to cry once again. "Brit" you said, lifting her chin up so she looked into your eyes. "It's alright, I forgive you" you said, standing up and wrapping your arms around her waist. "You look perfect" you whispered in her ear as she bit her lip. "So do you" she replied, putting her arms around your neck. "I love you" Britney said to you, before she leaned towards you and started to kiss you. As you were kissing, you heard music start to play. You started to slow dance with her as the music continued to play. "Aly?" Britney said, looking up at you, before you twirled her around. "Yeah?" You asked. "Happy birthday".