At Water's Edge - Chapter 10

Ok here it is as promised, this is my unedited draft so be kind in your comments.  I hope that you like it, it isn’t as long as my usual chapters but it is a good filler chapter.  It’s a get to know the family chapter, and a bit of see Nina squirm chapter.  Ch 11 I think you will like as Nicki will be coming back to do what he does best, drive the Wakefield men crazy.  So be patient with me I am hoping to give you at least one chapter a month, I know that sounds like not enough but as someone said to be you can’t rush art (Alora) LOL and I will be plunged into busy season again and I won’t have as much time to write but for you I will of course do my best to stick to my little self imposed deadline.

Just a little update those of you who voted thank you very much I will be changing the name of Thian back to Tristan and will be doing so over the next few days so please be patient with me. 

Goodnight my loves, leave me a few comments and votes to pleasantly wake up to.

Kisses,

JoJo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                     Chapter 10

The news of their exciting day spread through the household like wild fire, before they even set foot in Crescentferd Manor.  Upon reaching the steps Steven gives his hand out to assist Nina not realizing, help is not needed as she if free of the cumbersome dress.  Nina hesitates but the look in his eyes convinces her otherwise, she gingerly places her hand into the one offered and together they make their way.  Before they are even at the midpoint of the stairs Nina is attacked by a flustered Olivia already armed with a warm wool blanket.   She lets go of Stevens hand with an apologetic look on her face and is rewards with a sheepish grin.  As she retreats with Olivia who like a mother hen is a cluck with worry, the Dowager comes running practically flinging herself at Steven, who is obviously uncomfortable with the attention she has bestowed upon him. 

“Steven my darling boy, oh look at you!” she yelps excitedly.  After a few minutes she lets him out of her grasp long enough to really look at him and she finally notices the makeshift bandages wrapped about his head, ashen she moves in closer to inspect the wound.

“However were you injured, why would you go out into the meadow if you were hurt!” the Dowager not letting anyone have a word in edgewise continues to spew questions.

“Mother please I am fine, stop fussing; really it is merely a scratch.” 

“We must call the doctor, call Nathaniel I will not sleep in constant worry unless you are examined properly.”

“Vanessa, Vanessa!!!” calls out the Dowager “we must call on Nathaniel quickly!!”

Stepping around his frantic mother, Declyn gives Steven a brotherly hug.

 “Good to see you again bother, you have strayed for far too long” he says loud enough for all to hear “coming to us injured will cause mother to fret over you all the more now” he whispers between wholehearted chuckles “if that was your plan it worked marvelously”.

“Oh yes you know how I revel when I am the sole recipient of our mothers attention.” Under his breath he continues only for Decklyn to hear “That is why my visits are so far and few in between.”

Pulling on his bandage Decklyn continues with a laugh “You have gotten soft if you let a mere wisp of a girl pummel you so, we Wakefield men have a reputation to uphold.”