At Water's Edge - Chapter 9

Hi Guys!!!  Long time no post I know, well here it is the highly anticipated Ch 9.  I hope you think it was worth the wait.  I know I always say it, but this one was realy hard to write, the reasons will be self evident a few lines below.   Please let me know what you think, I don’t care if you are issuing death threats for what I’ve done ;) any reaction is a good one. J  If you have questions please feel to leave them at the end of the chapter or send me a private message. 

Also I wish to apologise I have been calling one character by the wrong name and perhaps created some confusion.  Poor Tristan I have been calling him Thian for quite a few chapters now.  I love both names and don’t know which I should keep.  So please Vote for your favorite, the one with most responses by the time I post Ch 10 will be the winning name. 

Happy reading!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No… No… No…!

He brings his lips down on hers yet again, softer now but still with a desperate need.

She stops fighting him, letting him have what he wants.

“No…No… this can’t be” he mumbles against her lips with sadness that breaks her heart. She brings her arms up and encircles his neck.  She rests her head under his chin holding him tight as tears stream down her face. 

She finally comes to a realization ‘I can’t believe how desperately I wanted this too.  To let it be him.’

He puts his finger under her chin lifting it so that he can look into her eyes.

“H… how can it be?” he whispers “There is absolutely nothing there, it is like kissing my own sister” he punctuates with his usual sly smile, which never quite reaches his eyes.

She smiles through her tears, jokingly pushing him away “Ugh do not utter such blasphemy, it would me more as if you were kissing a really good friend you have no romantic feelings for.  Sister… really Nicki…”

“But…”

She nods “I love you too, though not in that manner, I knew it, though secretly I had hoped I was wrong.”

“I know, and I appreciate your attempt to humor my crazy notion.”

Pulling her into a hug he kisses her cheek, letting go he takes her hand and leads her to the bench and they sit together in silence for a bit.

He breaks the pregnant pause “Please accept my sincerest apologizes for not warning you about Christoff, truth be told I never imagined you would have gone off with a complete stranger.  You know not everyone is as gallant as I.”

“Oh … some gentleman you were tonight, flinging me over your shoulder, abducting me and then ravishing me in the garden… really gentleman like Monsieur” she says jokingly, nudging him with her shoulder.

“Yes well you forced my hand” he spies her “Christoff truly?” His beautifully face contorted in disbelief “Please tell me that the display was only to drive me mad with jealousy.  You cannot prefer him to even me, one for whom you have no romantic feelings for?”

“No, Christoff was an error in judgment; as soon as I realized where he was taking me I wanted to turn and run.   Regretfully I was scared of getting lost and did not wish to make a spectacle of myself, and embarrass you or the family.  I was so relieved to see you come and rescue me.”

Faking a faint she falls across his lap “My hero!!!”

Looking up at him she continues “Though I am vexed that you assumed that I am…” she searches for the right word “a… loose natured woman.”