The Weird And The Wonderful. [16]

[A/N] Whoooop!! Two chapters in two days :D You have to love me for that lol.

So there was a bit more Joey in this one, tell me what you think of him. I quite like writing Joey it gives me a chance to put some humour in here, even if it is a little dry lol.

So i'm looking for ways to better this story, i dont know, maybe theres something i'm missing in here. Plus I would really like to get a few more readers on board but I won't be able to do that until I know where I'm going wrong. If any of you have any thoughts please let me know. I could use all the help I can get. Who know's if you help you may get a chapter or something dedicated to you. For whatever thats worth :P

Also I wanna apologize for the small cliff hanger at the end. I just wanted to let people know that although this seems like the end, it's not. There still more love, drama and Joey to go :B

Vote.

Comment.

Fan.

Much love :D

Chapter Seventeen.

I was alone, Falling Free,

Trying my best not to forget, 

What happened us,

What happened to me, 

What happened as I let it slip...

Baby, did you forget to take your meds?

---------------------------------

Recap;

Joey chuckled sadistically. Shit, what was he going to tell him. Oh god. Fear washed through me as I awaited whatever it was he had to say.

"She's standing outside the door and just heard everything we said."

Ah shit! I was dead.

-----------------------------------

 I was gonna kill Joey, I swear he was a dead man. How did he know I was standing there listening in. Oh great, I thought, he's a freakin mind reader or something.

I wanted to run away. I wanted to run to Julian. I wanted to kick Joeys ass. But, I couldn't I was rooted to the spot. Not because I had been ratted out, no, because Julian had said he loved me. Me? The big hunk of a cop loved me. 

Butterflies suddenly raged a war in my stomach, a thousand wings fluttering together making me feel dizzy and sick, yet totally alive and happy all at the same time.

"What?"

Julians confused voice echoed through the kitchen and out to the hallway.

"She's standing outside that door, listening."

Joey stated and from where I stood I could see he was nonchalantly picking at his nails. Asshole! He knew exactly what he was doing. He was dead to me.

Although, he had tricked Julian into saying he loved me, thus creating the war of butterflies which made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Hell, I loved Joey.

"Kat, you've been caught red handed, come out with your hands up."

In regular Joey fashion he cracked up at his own little warped joke. 

Oh well, it was time to face the music. As slowly as possible I turned the corner and stood in the doorway of the kitchen, my eyes instantly landing on Julian. His eyes were wide and his cheeks were red, obviously embarrassed that he had been ticked by Joey of all people.

The butterflies ran amok. My stomach turned from nerves and I was sure I would have passed out had it not been for the wall I was leaning again.

"How..How did you-"