The Weird And The Wonderful. [14]

[A/N] Gah I'm really not happy with this chapter and will probably change it at a later date but right now I can't be assed lol I'm way too tired ha.

Anyway let me know what you guys thing.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

Chapter Fifteen.

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it worth watching.

Years after the attack I stumbled across this saying. It was so long ago that I have forgotten who wrote it but somehow the saying always stuck with me. I realized that in the moments when I had that gun pointed at my head and a crazed Jay staring me in the face, that when my short life replaying inside my head I saw nothing of note. I had lived for eighteen year without doing anything good or productive. Sure I had graduated high school, but after my mom and dad passed I never really tried to make good grades. I was lucky that the principal had taken sympathy upon me, the poor orphan Annie that I was, and allowed me to graduate. But, other than that minor accomplishment I had nothing else. Unlike just about everyone else in my high school I never applied to any colleges, I never had any goals or aspirations. I guess I always assumed life would take care of it's self. If everything was going to be good then God would make it so. It wasn't until later that I came to realize that everyone make their own happiness in life. You can't just lay down and wait for all the good things to happen. If you want things to go your way you have to steer it in the right direction.

I am free..I am free. This same sentence began orbiting my brain as I sat quietly on the couch watching the aftermath of the nights events unfold before my eyes. 

I was free from Jay. No longer would I cower in fear everyday of my life. It felt like I could finally breath again, like I had been carrying around and elephant on my back all this time and I had finally gotten rid of it.

All around me was a sea of people, all of them were talking loudly to one another, yet I couldn't make out what they were saying. It was as if I was in my own little bubble. As long as I stayed here no one could touch me or speak to me. Not like they were trying to. After everything that went down I figured I would be bombarded with question after question but no one seemed to care what my side of the story was. Hesitantly I looked down at the cuffs around my wrist. As soon as I had been examined by some ambulance guy I had been asked what my connection was to Jay. Why he would want to attack me. I must have been in shock because before I could stop myself the truth had spewed from my mouth like vomit. I told them everything. 

A soon as I told them I had been one of the many people who stole from houses I had been cuffed. So I sat there being ignored by everyone. However that wasn't what bothered me I could handle being ignored by the entire New York city police force. But, it was the look of disappointment on Julians face that caused my stomach to flip. Of course Julian knew all about my days of robbing apartments seeing as he was one of my victims but he never knew exactly who I worked for and I could see it in his face the moment I spilled the beans, he was heartbroken.

Julian didn't even object when they cuffed me. In fact I was pretty sure they were his freaken handcuff.

Finally after hours and hours Julian seemed to finally acknowledge my existence.

"Get up!"

He spat and I, not wanting to worsen the situation, did as the angry officer wanted. Standing up I looked hopeful. Hoping he would talk to me, hoping he would tell the officer to my left to remove the cuffs. But, he didn't. Instead he reached out and gripped my upper arm, tightly. Flinching at his touch I followed as he led me from the crime scene that had once been home to me. I was so confused. I had no idea where he was taking me. However, it wasn't long before I found out. Once side the building Julian led me to his police vehicle and ushered me though the backseat. He even did that silly pushing me on the head thing while he place me inside and slammed the door so hard the entire car shook.