The Weird And The Wonderful. [3]

[A/N] Gah :O This story isn't doing as well as I would have hoped :(..If anyone has any idea as to where I am going wrong, dont hesitate to tell me :D

Chapter Four.

Shit, shit, shit...

I repeated that cuss over and over in my head as I stood, rooted to the spot, bat still raised above my head.

Where could I have hidden? What could I have done? What would you do in my situation.?

For a moment I considered hiding under the trash, but decided against it when I realized there wasn't enough time. I would have to confront this cop. Take him by surprise, I had a fighting chance, after all I was the one with the bat.

I could hear him now moving around at the end of the hall. He was taking off his coat. I hoped to god he kept his gun in that coat.

Hesitant footsteps sounded as his shoes made contact with the ground. Obviously by now he had guessed someone had broken in, he had left the lights off when he left and now the apartment was lit up like a Christmas tree.

Five, Four, Three, Two..

I counted down the seconds it took for the cop to make his way to the living room.

I hid myself behind the open door, bat poised for action. I saw his shadow reflect off the ground as he grew closer and closer. Finally he was within whacking range. Pushing the door open enough I jumped from behind it. My eyes closed as I swung the bat. It quickly came in contact with something. The sound of the wood hitting flesh was enough to make me wince. Opening my eyes I expected to see the damage done, but what I did see was enough to cause ice to form in my blood. I had in fact hit the cop, but not in the way I had wanted too. The stupid bastard had caught it in his right hand. Holding it so tightly that I couldn't ease it out enough to take a second shot.

For a moment I stared at the cop. God, he couldn't be more then twenty-five. Probably only out of the academy.

I stared at him wide eyed, he was gorgeous. His black hair cut tightly, his dark brown eyes narrowed, his tanned skin almost glowing under the fluorescent lighting. He was even better looking then Jay, something which I thought was impossible.

It was while I was contemplating this discovery that the cop moved quickly, too quickly for my frazzled brain to comprehend.

In a split second the bat was removed from my grasp, my arm was twisted behind my back and the cop was behind me with his own arm locked around my neck.

"I'll give you two seconds to tell me why your in my apartment before I call for back up.."

He hissed into my ear. It was strange that in those two seconds I felt a wave of different emotions run through me. Anger that I had allowed myself to be distracted, fear of what Jay would do to me, pain from the way he was holding my arm, But the most surprising emotion I felt was excitement from the way he spoke into my ear.

Damn hormones.

"Please. Don't call anyone. I'm sorry you can have your stuff back."

I pleaded.

"I don't give a damn about the stuff, I want to know who sent you and for what purpose."

He demanded. Boy did he have a big temper.

"I wasn't sent by anyone. I came by myself."

His grasp tightened around my neck. Oh god, he's going to kill me, I could already feel myself growing light headed from the lack of oxygen.