37. Your Face is Wet

37. Your Face is Wet: Xander's Pov

QOTD- Josephine's Secret vs My Broken Luna

Chapter Goal- 2k votes (for an early chapter)

*important author's note at the end!!!!! IT'S ABOUT THE SEQUEL

(one month later, Charlotte is a little over four months pregnant)

"Mine." Charlotte growls, her eyes turning electric blue as she glares at everything around us. "All mine." she rests her head on the crook of my shoulder and wraps her arms around me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, knowing that she never acts like this. I have never seen her possessive side. Ever.

"All mine." she whispers, kissing my cheek.

"I'm yours, sweetheart." I nod, taking hold of her hands. "Just like you're mine."

She doesn't say anything. Instead, she moves so that she's sitting in my lap and wraps her arms around me again. "Talk to me, what's making you act like this?" I chuckle when she pushes me onto my back and lays directly on top of me. "Come on, say something."

"Mine."

"Did something happen at the packhouse earlier?" This all started when we were at the packhouse; we were just sitting in the kitchen when she started growling and glaring at people around us. Everyone was concerned and thought that there was a threat somewhere since Charlotte was so territorial.

"I don't know what's wrong with me." she tells me after a couple seconds. "I feel jealous."

"Of what?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" my mate exclaims, burying her face in my chest- well, trying to; her stomach, again, sort of prevents her from doing so. "I just w-want you to hold me."

"It's okay, sweetheart." I whisper in her ear. Charlotte's emotions have been all over the place lately; I've gotten used to her crying out of nowhere, getting angry all of a sudden, and now getting possessive. Dr. Kale said that she's due any time this month and that with each passing day, her emotions are just going to intensify. "We don't have to go to the packhouse if you don't want to. Our pack members will understand."

"No, I like going there." she shakes her head. "I just don't like how everybody stares at you."

"Everyone stares at you too, sweetheart. We're Luna and Alpha, it's natural for people to do that."

"I don't like the way certain people look at you."

"What certain people?"

"Remember th-those girls who were sending hate-mate a while back?"

I nod, growling as I recall those memories. "Are they doing something else to you?" Disrespect has been a problem lately and no matter what I do to address it, people always find ways to target my mate without my awareness. "I can have them all killed-"

"I accidentally put one of them in the hospital." Charlotte blurts out, looking ashamed of herself. She moves off of my lap and looks down, using her hair to cover her face. "I heard some girls t-talking about trying to steal you away from me and I got mad a-and lost control. I didn't mean to, I swear-"

"Sweetheart, why are you blaming all of this on yourself?" I cut her off when I notice her voice starting to break.

"Because I put a pack member in the hospital." she sniffles, wiping her eyes. "I didn't mean to, I just lost control. They were all talking about you and doing certain things and, and-"

"What did you do?" I ask, not liking that this is making her feel so bad. Charlotte has never gotten violent with anyone before; to hear that she put someone in the hospital is shocking.