Side 1 - The First Mission of Agent 1 & 2

Authors Notes: This was done as a birthday gift for my squad mate, CreepingSouls (*IV* CreepingSouls on the amino app). I had already written a beta for this a while ago, but needed to wait until the last chapter was posted before finalizing this one. The original characters introduced in this side story (with the exception of Piran), and the gem squid concept, are her creations. I take no claim of ownership.

Time: 9 P.M. Half an hour after the communication with Octoburg. Location: Inkopolis studio, private room of the squid sisters.

It had taken 10 minutes for the squid girls to drag Otome to their room. It took another 20 minutes for them to coax her into removing her armor and ink tank. The Inklings had changed into the pajamas the idols had lent them, and finished laying out their futons. All except for the Octoling, who was still in her shorts and tank top.

"No, way! That's not happening!" Otome yelled.

"Aw, come on! You'd look cute in it!" Replied Callie.

"I don't know why I let you talk me into removing my armor, but this is as far as it goes!"

"Otome, you need to relax a little. We're trying to show you that we trust you. A little trust back would make this a lot easier," said Marie.

"You say that like it's so easy. I mean, I already removed my gear..." Otome's defense was starting to falter.

"Then think of it in practical terms," Shara chimed in. "We're going to have our day clothes washed during the night. You don't want every one to think Octarians stink, do you?"

"Well... I guess that's true... but..." Otome pondered this, and the Inklings turned to Neptune to deliver the final blow.

"Don't you want to show your cute side to Drake?" She said with a smirk.

"W-what does he have to do with this? Wait, I know what you're thinking. We're just good friends, and I trust him! That's all!"

"Oh? Then what about Kirk or Lev-"

"NO FRIGGIN' WAY!" Otome roared.

"Then are you afraid of the boys comparing you to Cal-"

"Just give me the damn Pajamas!" Otome yelled. She snatched the clothes, and went into the bathroom to change. The squid sisters flashed Neptune a thumbs up as they waited. After a few minutes, Otome emerged from the bathroom.

"H-how do I look?" She said with a red face.

"I hate to say it, but your quite beautiful," said Shara.

"Right? She's no match for Callie though," said Neptune, still grinning. "You'll have to stay sharp, or she might steal-"

"Haha, you're so damn funny!" Otome said, as she rejoined the group. While she never fully dropped her guard, Otome eventually started enjoying her time with the Inklings. They spent a fair amount of time with the usual girl gossip, followed by the customary pillow fight, which Otome took way too seriously. After a few hours, the girls were tucked into their futons.

"Do you guys always sleep at the studio?" Shara asked.

"We usually stay at our apartment, but we sometimes sleep here when it gets busy, like splatfest," Marie replied. "We've also been doing it a lot because of our field work."

"How long have you been with squidbeak?" Neptune asked, while rubbing the new bruise she got from the pillow fight.

"Oh, gosh. We started working for gramps about a month ago, the day after we became adults. Our first mission was a real hoot!" Callie and Marie exchanged glances.