2.6 - Otome Don't Turf

Authors note: Side character OCs submitted by readers will start appearing in this chapter, and will be credited at the end. The Pearl in this story, is not the same Pearl in S2.

The squid sisters were leading the Octoling and human towards the weapon shop. Again, Otome was getting a mix of curious and disgusted looks. Drake was also getting his share of stares, thanks to his actions the previous night. The Inklings weren't sure what to make of him, due to the fact that his armor and helmet made him stand out even more.

"We definitely need to get Drake some new clothes," Marie said, as they reached Ammo Knights.

"Good idea, but would Annie and Jelonzo have anything that would fit him?" Callie asked.

"I don't know. We'll check after we get Otome geared up. By the way, Sheldon is a little strange, but he's a good guy. Just don't be surprised if he starts trying to get you to talk about Octarian or human technology."

The group entered the weapon shop, and Drake looked at the weapons on display. "Wow, some of these look like they were based on human design," Drake commented.

"Funny you say that, good sir." The owner of the sudden voice popped up from behind the counter. He wore what looked like a military uniform, a large pair of brass goggles, and a very unusual helmet. "Many of these weapons were based off the designs of relics recovered from piranha pit." The little weapon shop owner hopped over the counter, and closed the distance between them. "My grand pappy and I, are elder race enthusiasts. Which is why I'm thrilled to have you in my store, my friend from the past."

The group exchanged glances with each other. "How did you figure that out so fast?" Marie asked. "And why are you so calm about this?"

"Ha! Like I said, my family has been studying them for generations. Grand pappy Ammoses would be very disappointed if I let this slip by. And believe me, it's taking every ounce of mental strength to stay composed, but that's something being a weapons dealer will teach you." The little creature smiled, and rubbed the side of his head.

"So, I take it you're not an Inkling?" Drake asked?

"Inklings aren't the only species that live in Inkopolis. I'm actually a horseshoe crab, and my name is Sheldon," he responded.

"Drake Von Kaufmann. And yes, I'm a human. Uh- nice to meet you," Drake said, awkwardly.

"So what do you think of our weapons?" Sheldon asked. "I'm very curious how they would compare to what you used."

"Well, I can definitely see the resemblance to firearms, though some of them look more like toy water guns. Is- is that a Gatling gun?" Drake pointed to a large multi barreled weapon.

"Oh, that would be the splatling model. That's also the most direct adaptation of humans weapons we have ever done. We have three types, the quick charge mini, the slow and powerful hydra, and the heavy at middle ground."

"What's the rate of fire on those things? Oh, what about the rev time?"

Sheldon's expression became even more excited. "I'm glad you asked, buddy! The hydra was designed to make up for its slow charge with a long barrage of ink. And that's not all!" It can fire at a rate of-"

"Sheldon.." Marie interrupted. "I'm glad you two are having fun, but this is no time for your catch phrases."

"Then what can I do for you?" He responded.

"We need a starter kit. Can you spare one for us?" Callie asked. Sheldon was surprised at this.

"What for? I know you two don't need one, and I'm pretty sure a human wouldn't be able to play the turf games."