3.10 - The Day of Hell part 2

The sight of ink, the smell of gunpowder, the sound of dying screams. These were all starting to become a blur, as more Chaos soldiers attacked. Around 50 Chaos fighters had been killed so far, while the defending forces had lost around 9, including Mako. Unfortunately, most of the mines and traps they had set had been cleared out by now, so the enemy forces were starting to move in at a faster rate.

"This isn't good," Shara said, as she called in an ink strike from one of the Octostrikers. "We're holding for now, but if those Howinkzers aren't fixed soon, they're going to overwhelm us with their numbers." The ink strike came down, and several roller carriers were absorbed in the torrent of ink. A nearby ink cannon made short work of their escorts.

"Getting pretty heated, isn't it?" Levin responded. He quickly rose up, and hit an enemy Octoling in the head with a blaster shot. "That's six for me. How many did you get so far?"

"Are you seriously keeping count at a time like this?" Shara gave him a dumbfounded look for a second, but quickly ducked down when she saw a charger try to line her head up.

"You got a better way to keep calm in this mess?!"

"Will you two shut the hell up?!" Marie yelled from the sniper tower. "Keep your heads in the game. We need more ink strikes on the field!"

"I know!" Shara yelled back. She called in another ink strike on a group of squids that were herding together.

"Ink strikes don't count!" Levin yelled. A Luna blaster tried to charge him down, but due to being out ranged by Levin's ranged blaster, the Chaos inkling just took an ink ball to the face. "And you aughtta be more careful. You'll put an eye out."

"Levin! Do we need to have another talk about screwing around on the bat-"

"Hey! No lovers quarrel in the trenches!" They heard Yako yell, as she randomly chucked a bomb onto the field. The bomb conveniently landed between two squelcher users that were trying to take out one of the ink cannons.

"Dammit! I knew I should have made Yako stay closer to me!" Otome growled. She fired a few shots to stop an advancing Chaos fighter, then glanced at the packed trench line. "Ugh, there's no way to move through this crowd." Otome started to climb out of the trench, but Callie and Drake grabbed on and yanked her back in. "Let me go!"

"That's too dangerous!" Drake said, and fired a few rounds at a sniper that had tried to lock on to Otome. "I'm not letting you get yourself killed that easy!"

"Otome, I'm sure Levin and Shara are keeping an eye on her," Callie said. Otome just glared. "Okay, I'm sure Shara is keeping an eye on her." Callie Tapped her automap a few times, and sent her selected coordinates to one of the Octostrikers. However, before the missle could reach the sniper group that she targeted, they managed to get out a shot. A Squiffer user dropped from one of the sniper towers, and they could here a female yell, "NO! KRILL!"

"This is so horrible," Kirk said. He had left his mini splatling with Sheldon, and traded it for a heavy. Currently, he was also positioned in the same tower as Starheart and Briki to provide support. "How can any of their goals justify all the people they killed?"

"Not like our hands are particularly clean," Starheart said, as she took a shot at an Octoling. It was clear that the loss of Mako had affected her, but she continued to fight on.

"But we're fighting to protect our homes! Our Friends! I would say our cause is a lot more justified than theirs!" Briki said.

"I guess you got me there, but-" Starheart fired another shot, dropping another enemy. "You can lecture me once you've caught up."