Chapter 8

Sam POV
It's been three days since then. Mark is still following me around but he doesn't say a word to me or anyone.

Walking out of class with Mark close behind, I head to the cafeteria for lunch. Once we got our food we sat on opposite sides of the table both of us right in front of the other.

The uncomfortable silence was unbearable so I spoke up.

"Hey, Mark. Are you alright?"

He nodded still taking bites out of his pizza. I looked down at my food and spoke again. "Why aren't you talking? Usually you would be talking with someone."

He didn't respond but simply looked up at me with glassy eyes.

"D-did I do s-something?" I studdered out refusing to look up at him.

His eyes widen and sadness flashed throw them. He opened him mouth but quickly closed it again. By this time my heart was beating so fast that he could have heard it from where he sat.

Slowly looking up my eyes met with his. The look on his face was unreadable causing me the worry but get nervous as well.

He slowly opened his mouth releasing a deep breath.

"I don't understand you. I never know what's on your mind and it irritates me to see you just stand there when someone is bullying you."

I felt the back of my eyes sting from his words but I knew that he didn't care. He was only pitying me. I don't trust him the first time he talked to me he was rude and mean. He made fun of me. Stalked me in school and now he wants to understand me?

"Well who ever asked you to understand me? Cause I sure as hell didn't. And if you're mad because of that then go bother someone else." I said flatly stripping every emotion from my face.

I quickly ate and got up throwing my trash away. Walking to the doors I glanced back to see Mark sitting there in complete shock with his mouth slightly open.

Looking forward again, I pushed open the door and went to my next class.

I sat there in silence. Lost in my own thoughts.

Mark POV
I sat there in utter shock at what he had said. In a way he was right but I knew something wasn't right.

".....who ever asked you to understand stand me cause I sure as hell didn't....."

His words repeated over again in my head. Why would he say something like that and with that kind of expression too?

I looked down at my now cold pizza. I had lost my appetite and threw it away walking to the doors and pushing myself through them.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

~hey everyone! I'm so sorry that I wasn't able to update the past few weeks. I hope that you are enjoying the story so far and hope that you like it. Like I said in the beginning I'm not that good since it's my first story. But still I hope you enjoy.
If you want please comment on anything that you don't understand or have questions on and vote too.
Bye-bye~