Chapter 7

Sam POV
The rest of the day was normal. Mark kept an eye on me, even though I told him he didn't have to.

As the last bell of the day rang the hall filled with people. Grabbing my things I head to my locker, staying close to the wall.

Once I reached my locker, I swing it open and quickly thrown my books inside. As I finish stuffing books in I close the door. A shadow appeared at my side. Quickly taking a glance up I noticed it was Mark.

I still didn't forgive him for what happened a few days ago but I was slowly relaxing around him.

Once I started walking down the hall Mark followed silently with a goofy smile on his face. As we walked I heard Mark talk, but it wasn't to me. I tilted my head back and saw two of his friends talking to him with their arms around him.

From the sight I glared at them feeling my blood boil. Why was I getting so angry over this? I'm nothing to him, why should I care?

My eye catch with one of his friends and quickly whipped my head back around.

"Say Mark, why are you with this guy?" One of them said.

"Ya, isn't he just a fag? Don't tell me he turned you into a fag to?" The other said in a laugh.

"I would watch what you say to him."

I stopped and snapped my head to them. Mark looked them with daggers for eyes. His hands were in fists shaking a little. The two backed away from him some put their arms up in surrender. "Look we don't in to make this a big deal here, Mark." "Oh, but we do." As I looked at Mark I could sense the anger brewing inside him.

"Mark, come on it's not a big deal. Just ignore them." I spoke my voice shaking a little as I tried to be confident, but failed.

To be honest I was a bit scared of Mark and so were his friends.

He turned to me locking eyes with me. He eyes softened some as he spoke. "They were insulting you. Why don't you care?" I looked at him a little stunned by his words. "I...I-I do." I whispered lowering my head to look at the ground.

By this time the other two took this moment to sneak away leaving me and Mark alone. I could feel his eye burning a hole in my head as I continue to refuse to look at him.

"I don't understand you, Sam." He said ever so quiet.

I could hear his footsteps walk away getting farther away from me. "I have to call out to him. I need him to understand." I thought but it was too late he was gone. "Wait, why does he have to understand? He doesn't deserve to understand me, right?"

With that though in mind I turned on my heel and started for home.

————————————————
——————–

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating in a while. And sorry for the short chapter. But I hope you enjoy!