Chapter 2

~I hope you liked the first chapter. I know I made some mistakes but it's all about learning, right. Well I'm still not as good but here's chapter 2.~

Sam POV
I walked down the street leaving my house in the distance and making my way to work. I loved where I worked it's a small book store. It's not very busy but there are a good amount of people that stops in. Not many children come by anymore now that there are TV and phones etc. I wished that they'll realize some day that how amazing it is to hold a book in your hands and read the many stories inside. All the amazing adventures there are to be explored. I smile to myself as I thought of one of my favorite books.

The book was known for the blood that is spilled on the pages as the hero fights the monster that destroys his city and the people inside fighting for revenge. It's a book that everyone has read that the hero wins and lives happily ever after like most Fairy tales. I know that most people wouldn't read it for it is just a repeated plot but it has always been my favorite. I never thought that it was just repeating the many stories there are. It was the first book that I could read when I was small. When my parents were still together they would fight nonstop all day and that frightened me. I would hide in the corner of the dark cold attic were no one could find me. A place where I couldn't hear their screaming. I would sit up there for hours until my mother called me down to eat.
My thoughts running wild remembering the past I didn't realize that I was in front of the tiny book store. I pulled myself out of my daydreams and walked into the front door.

"Hello, Sam." The manager said as she smiled sweetly. I nodded and hurried to the back room. I swung to door open was immediately faced with Eric one of the other employees leaving his shirt. I lowered my head as my dark black hair covering my eyes. I nodded apologizing to him and pushed passed Eric into the room. He looked at me with one eyebrow raised. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard the door slamming closed as Eric exited the room. I breathed out I didn't even realize I was holding my breath. I walked over to my locker with my name on the front and opened it. I set my things inside. Wrapping a store apron around my body on the front with little letters reading 'The Tiny Book World' and a small tag with mine name. I walked out of the back room into the main store standing in front of my manager.

"Sam, can you please place the new books on the shelves."she said pointing to a cart of books to the side of her.

I nod my head as she sigh at me with a small smile. I think she wished I would talk to her or something but I don't. Not like I hate her or anything it's just I don't feel comfortable with people and I just think that was my parents fault as a child. I pushed to cart to the bookshelf picking up a book. As I placed the book on the shelf the bell on the door rang signaling that someone had entered the store. My eyes looked over at the door as a man walked in. He looked like he was around my age. He was tall with broad shoulders his hair was a messy chestnut brown his bangs covering his emerald green eyes slightly. The man was handsome. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him as he walked around the store looking at the books. His eyes locked with mine my heart beating faster in my chest. I quickly look way continuing to place the books on the shelves.

He walked over to me and turned his head toward the books I had just put there and scanned them over before he picked up one. It felt like my head was about to burst in my chest with him only being an arm length away. Why is this happening to me am I sick. I've never had this feel with anyone before. He turned and walked to the cashier and paid for his book. Before he left he stopped at the door and turned to me. He stared at me which felt like forever but soon left.
I finished my job around 10:30pm and headed home. As I walked I kept thinking about why my heart raced I wasn't doing hard labor or I wasn't running so why? Over and over again I thought but I could never find the answer. I felt myself shiver as I breathed out feeling the night get colder. By the time I got home I was exhausted. I walked thought my front gate and opened my front door and weakly closed it behind me. I pulled my jacket off and kicked off my shoes walking into the kitchen. I pulled open the door of the refrigerator and grabbed out a instant dinner. I quickly made and ate it I threw away the trash and walked down the hall to see my mothers bedroom door wide open. My eyes widen in panic and rushed to her room I saw her laid across the floor not moving. I run to her and hold her in my arm but she just mumbled under her breath about chicken or something. I sighed in relief and chuckle at her for making me panic for her. I pick her up and laid her in her bed and closed the door softly. I walked to my room and pushed my door closed and ripped my clothes off flopping on to my bed. Turning off the lights I looked out the window at the big full moon shining bright back at me. My light violet eyes stared back slowly closing falling into a deep sleep.