Chapter 16

TPOV

“You are a complete fucking idiot”

I peered up at matt, from across the room quirking my brow I asked “what?” matt grit his teeth, I wouldn’t be surprised if steam poured out of his ears I’ve never seen him this mad before. “I can’t believe you let those…those monsters! Take Damon away!” oh that’s what he’s talking about “He’s a spy matt he betrayed us from the very beginning I’m happy they took him a away he deserves whatever happens to him”, as soon as I said the words apart of me instantly wanted me to take them back.

Damon was a traitor, a spy sent by the vampires I bet him and his buddies are laughing  as we speak at how stupid we were to fall for his little act, so why does the wolf in me want to track Damon down and bring him back?. I sighed I’ve felt empty inside ever since I told the vamps to take him it feels like a part of me has been ripped out of my chest and I won’t feel complete again unless I see him again.

But no matter what I do, no matter how much I want to forget Damon I can’t shake off the look of sadness on his face, he looked like I crushed his heart and soul…I shook my head. Pushing those thoughts into the back of my mind before focusing on the snarling wolf in front of me “who knows what they’ll do to him Tyler! I mean did you see the look on his face when they showed up!?! He looked like he was going to shit himself!” I shrugged.

“Not my problem” I told him, hoping he would drop the subject but it doesn’t look like he’ll be doing that anytime soon, “what if they kill him!?! What then!?!” “Then he’ll be dead Damon doesn’t matter to me anymore matt they could cut his head off for all I care” matt looked physically taken aback. His mouth formed a large ‘o’ and his eyes were as wide as saucers he opened his and closed his mouth reminding me of a fish out of water before shuttering “you….you don’t care if he dies?” I nodded.

“They could torture him, put a stake through his heart, hell put him in sunlight and let him burn to a freaking crisp I wouldn’t care” his eyes narrowered, “you don’t mean that” I chuckled. Not bothering to tell him how wrong he was “you didn’t deserve him then” wait what the hell did he just say? I turned toward him “what?” I asked he rolled his eye’s giving me a your-a-idiot look, “you didn’t deserve him Tyler I mean hell even I deserved him more than you”.

Unconsciously, I let out a small grumble “shut up matt” the cocky werewolf smirked “I mean with a good tight looking ass like that I would have a hell of a lot of fun with him “ “I mean it matt shut the hell up!”. He just kept smirking his eyes darkened with lust it was getting hard not to walk over to him and punch that stupid smirk off his face. “I wish his brother sold him to me instead I would have pounded into him all night long”.

Everything was a blur after that, rage consumed me as I shot up, made my way towards him, grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into the wall. I was pissed –no- I was more than pissed there was no words to describe how angry I felt all I saw was red. Matt gasped he clawed at my hand but I squeezed his throat tighter he let out a gag as he struggled to breath “watch that tongue of yours Donovan or I’ll rip it out”.

Matt gasped, his nails sharpening digging into the back of my hand and my forearms, he let another small wheeze before giving me a strained smile “for…….someone who doesn’t care about him……..your sure willing to kill someone over him” I blinked. His words drifting through the haze of my anger slowly making sense.

My mind became clear, the anger evaporating instantly, what the hell am I doing!?! Chocking my best friend to death that’s what I’m doing but the reason behind it made me let go of matt’s throat. And back up as quickly from him as possible I was still pissed but not as much as before I wanted to ignore the realization that rang into my brain…but I couldn’t….Somehow I don’t know how or why but I still cared for Damon, I still loved him even when I felt betrayed and used I knew I would never stop caring about him.