Interlude: Bonnie's POV

BPOV

“Take him to his old room and lock him in there”

Damon was limp on Klaus’s shoulder, his head was bowed his body was covered in an aura of sadness and despair, a quick look revealed dried tear tracks on his face. My god what they do to him? I watched as Damon was carried up the stairs and out of site I turned quickly toward Stefan “what happened?” Stefan shrugged casually. “Nothing big just broke his small fragile little heart” I quirked my brow.

From the looks of it, he did more than break it more like ripped it into tiny pieces, stepped on it then incinerated it with a freaking flame thrower. Elena smirked “oh really?” she asked curiously Stefan chuckled “you should have seen him babe I barely did anything but he was on his knees crying like a little baby” just like that Elena was all over him and they played tonsil hockey In each other’s mouth’s god those two make me sick.

I turned toward Elijah, whose face reflected how I felt “what happened to him?” Elijah turned me, his eyes considering as if he was wondering whether or not I was worthy to know what happened with the werewolves. “He took away the one thing Damon probably can’t live without” I blinked at him in confusion but he refused to tell me anymore than that, what is with this guy and being vague all the time!?! Can’t he just give a straight answer!.

Just when I was about to question Elijah further, Stefan pulled away from Elena (thank god!) and unleashed on of his oh-look-at-me-I’m-so-badass smirks, “I think I better get reacquainted with Damon” reacquainted?...wait please don’t tell me he’s thinking of…shit I have to stop him! “Maybe you should leave him alone for now” that gained one too many curious eyes and one furious unhappy one.

“Excuse me?” I should have thought this through shouldn’t I?, “it’s just..” I began grasping at straws trying to think of what to say “haven’t you done enough for the moment? I mean you took his voice away and broke his heart maybe you should ease up on him...at least just a little bit?”, Stefan cocked his head to the side I had a feeling I was starting to become a threat to his ego “are you trying to tell me what to do?” shit I’m going to get myself killed!.

I shook my head vigorously, “of course not” I reassured “I’m just throwing out some ideas”, what the hell am I saying!?! Even Klaus wouldn’t believe that! Stefan studied me for a few seconds and for a moment I saw my life flash before my eyes “you should keep ideas to yourself no one wants to hear them” I blinked. Is that all? I nodded he rolled his eyes before heading up stairs I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding thank god that’s over.

But it was only when I heard the distinct sound of a door slam, did I remember why I spoke up to the insane sadistic vampire in the first place I cursed under my breath and made a move for the stairs, but a arm hooked around my waist kept me from going within 3 feet of it “Elijah!” I yelled before squirming the vampire gave me an are-you-a-complete-idiot stare. I hate that look! “Don’t” he told me “you’ll only make it worse for him” I gritted my teeth.

“So you want to just sit back and watch while Stefan does “you know what” to him?” something flashed in Elijah’s cold and empty inhuman dark eyes, and for some reason I felt like I crossed a line that I shouldn’t have even gone near. “You’ll be useless if you try to stop you may be a witch but he’s still faster and stronger than you” damn it I hate it when he’s right! “There’s nothing to do but wait right now” I sighed as he put me back on my feet.

It sucks when you have all this power, but your still useless in situation like this, I’ve always hated when Stefan “reacquainted” himself with Damon, I’ve always hated how I would wake up in the middle of the night to Damon screaming. “No! Stop please!” and “take it out it hurts! Stop!” and when the screaming would be reduced to small sobs me, Elijah, Klaus, and Alaric would sneak in after Stefan had left and clean him before trying to put a smile on his face in a effort to cheer him up.

But the thing I hated most was that Stefan took his virtue something that no matter what you did would ever be brought back. I felt the fiery flames of hate just thinking about those days when we would walk into the room of a beaten and broken empty shell that was once my friend.

Even though Damon didn’t have a voice anymore, I could still feel his pain and it whipped at me over and over, Elijah nodded toward the bathroom “get the usual” I nodded scurrying to the bathroom, while Klaus entered the room Alaric wasn’t far behind him. Klaus’s face was pale his lips formed into a line Alaric looked just as unpleasant “you feel it too” it was more of a statement than a question the vampire nodded. He looked like he wanted to make a break up the stairs and break down the door to Damon’s room but thought better of it.

I hurried quickly to the bathroom, before coming back with a first aid kit, a cloth, and a small bowl of water. I handed the bowl to Elijah who’s features turned darker I flinched as the pain intensified I felt a small breeze tickle the back of my neck and almost jumped out of my freaking skin when I realized that Klaus was right next to me, “it’s almost over” I blinked before feeling another flicker of Damon’s pain this time it almost brought me to my knees.

God, if I’m only feeling parts of it, I could only imagine what Damon’s going through up those stairs behind that locked door, I’ve never felt it like this before. There was another sharp flicker that took my breath away until it was gone; there were no more sharp instant waves of pain and discomfort only a dull ache the sound of a door opening and closing wafted through the air followed by footsteps.

We stood there frozen for a few seconds, before silently hurrying up the stairs; we hesitated when we reached Damon’s room we all felt the lingering flickers of Damon’s pain even Alaric felt it. What the hell did he do to him in there? I pushed back dark thoughts and lingering questions and cracked open the door “Damon?” I whispered we poked our heads through the door.

The room was completely trashed, the bed was on the verge of breaking, pieces of what was once a dresser were scattered all over the floor along with pieces of glass, and there were wholes and dents in the walls. If this was what the room looked out I’m afraid to even look for Damon but the quivering heap in the corner caught our eyes nonetheless.

“Damon!” a head full of dirty messy black hair raised slightly in acknowledgement, as he ran toward his side but as he opened his eyes, I gasped and my body froze. His once lively blue eye’s were dull and empty but most of all broken.

I knew instantly, that even if we bandaged him up and healed the wounds, we would never be able to heal the mental scars of what had happened in this room.