Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Diaries or any of it's characters

Enjoy the story!

_________________________________________________________________________________

SNAP!

"Aaaaaah!"

Oops, didn't know a vamps arm could snap off so easily like that…oh well. Shrugging, I tossed the arm aside and stared at the whimpering and quivering mess before me. How pathetic! This is supposed to be my greatest enemy? Just thinking about it makes me want to double over in laughter.

Matt's nose flared in disgust. Out of anyone in this pack, I consider Matt to be my most trusted ally. "He's bleeding all over the floor."

I blinked and looked curiously. And sure enough he was. The dark red puddle surrounded him, drenching his clothes and stained the tile floors of my living room while making him shake harder. Funny! I never knew that vampires could die of blood loss.

Well, we all learn something new now don't we?

"Tyler." Recognizing the voice, I looked up. His eyes were dark and calm, yet a flame was beginning to spark in them. Jeremy never fully agrees with the way Matt and I….play with the vampires. We manage to chase down and capture but like the others he's too much of a chicken-shit to do anything about it.

"What is it Jeremy?" I really hope it isn't bad news because I'm not in the mood for any.

"Someone wishes to see you." I have guest? Great! That's worse than getting bad news, but I might as well get it over with. "Send them in."

Jeremy nodded before scurrying away to get whoever the hell wants to see me.

"Dude, do you want me to take care of this for you?" Matt asked, indicating the now almost motionless vampire on the floor that twitched every so often.

I shook my head. "No man it’s cool."

He quirked his brow and asked, "Are you sure?"

I nodded. I didn't have a problem with it and if my "guests" have issues then that's their problem. There was the pitter patter of footsteps as Jeremy returned with two men in tow…no three. The third man was shirtless with a black bag placed over his head and his hands were bound behind his back. Ha, it looks like they don't favor him much.

Taking a short sniff, I could smell a strange yet disturbing scent in the air, which could only mean vampires….well two of them anyway. What the heck are they doing in wolf territory? I nodded at Jeremy. I waited till he left before turning to them, a bored expression on my face and asked, "What's a couple of vamps doing all the way out here?"

One of them, a boy with brown hair and green eyes who I identified to be one of the two vampires I smelt earlier, smirked “Well you’re just straight to the point.”

I rolled my eyes. “I'm tired so just tell me why you're here so I can go to bed.”

The atmosphere changed, although the vampire still had that stupid smirk on his face, and I could tell he wasn't joking around with me. "A couple of days ago your wolves attacked my part of town."

What’s the point? "And that matters to me why? I can't watch them twenty-four seven. They do their own thing and I do mine."

He quirked his brow, "Well then you’re not a good leader if you don't keep your dogs on a leach."

My eyes narrowed while Matt growled. "Don't push me leech! Get to the point before I let my 'dogs' use you as a chew toy."

He shrugged, seemingly unfazed by the threat. If he was even the slightest bit afraid I couldn't smell it. Whoever this guy is, he's good at masking emotions. "I'm prepared to make a deal with you. You keep your ‘dogs’ off my land I'll try to keep rouge vamps out of yours."

Hmmm…interesting. "What makes you think I'll take this deal of yours?"

The smirk widened. “Because I brought collateral.”

He pulled the bound man in-front of him, pushed him to his knees, and took off the bag that hid his face. Piercing yet confused light blue eyes flicked around the room, strands of messy dark brown hair flopped onto his face almost covering those beautiful eyes like a curtain, and his mouth was gagged. He wiggled uselessly against his restraints trying to free his bound hands behind his back. The man looked saddened once he realized he couldn't break free.

I tilted my head and let my eyes travel down his body, staring at the smooth pale skin that I strangely enough wanted to touch. He looked around, confusion still etched across his face, before his eyes landed on me and his body tensed. And a part of me was disappointed with that reaction. Slowly, I walked toward him. He seemed to tense up with every step I took until I was kneeling in-front of him.

I stared at him and he stared back, though his eyes showed flickers of fear and discomfort.

"What is this?" I asked not taking my eyes off him.

"I told you collateral." I had to fight to roll my eyes again.

"I get that smart ass. I mean what exactly do you want me to do with him?"

"Do whatever you want to do with him. He's a vampire so he'll heal quickly, which means you can do whatever you wish with him. Hell, you can use him as your own personal play thing for all I care."

Wow this guy must really hate him. From the look of hurt that flashed through the gorgeous blue eyes of the man on the ground I could tell he knew this as well.

Yet strangely enough, I wanted to take away his pain. "Alright you have a deal. I'll keep the wolves off your turf as long as you keep the vamps off mine."

I looked up to see him nod. "Thank you! Have fun with your new boy toy." He turned to leave. But the only one who smelt human stayed and stared at the kneeling vampire. The bound beauty turned to stare him, his eyes pleading. “Alaric, come on. The others are waiting for us back home.”

The human nodded before taking one last look at him, mouthing "I'm sorry," and scurrying off.

The green eyed vamp stared at the kneeling vamp and sighed, "I'm sorry Damon," before turning his back on him.

A muffled cry was released and I could have sworn I heard a please as he cried out to them until they were gone.

"Matt put him in my room. I'll be there shortly."

Matt nodded and yanked the vampire from the ground, pushing him out of the room and up the stairs. When I stole a glance at his eyes again they were dull and lifeless. In that moment I swore that that look would never flash in his eyes ever again.