Getting control

Chapter 18

Brax showed me the rest of the underworld til we arrived at the training ground. Lucas the demons I met earlier that I let go was waiting outside along with his friend Darren. The two of them jumped to their feet the minute they saw us. Darren looked gobsmacked, he kept looking from me to Brax, pointing his finger from Brax to me and back again.

"Yes Darren, the dark angel is my mate, her proper name is Ariel" Brax said smiling.

"You lucky bastard, you got a hot and powerful mate, you have all the luck" he said with a frown but it didn't last long and a smile broke out on his face.

"So what's the plan for training?" Lucas asked as he bounced up and down with the balls of his feet.

"I was thinking along the lines of us playing targets as we try draw Ariel s powers out, she has control of most but not the new ones" he explained.

"What, you never said anything about using all of you as targets, what if I seriously hurt one or all of you's" I said with panic clear in my voice, the thoughts of hurting him makes me sick to my stomach.

"Its okay Ariel, we are a hell of alot stronger down here, we heal alot quicker and it takes alot to kill us" he explained, I let the information sink it but a thought popped into my head,

"If you are stronger down here does that mean I am too?" I asked.

"I dont know Ariel but we will find out soon enough, my father will be here soon and he is bringing our best healer with him, he is dying to see what your capable of" Brax said.

"That could be a real possibility" I said frowning, I dont want to risk killing or seriously hurting them especially Brax.

"Ariel stop panicking, we will all be okay, trust me" he said.

I nodded and smiled as he took my hand in his as I followed him inside to the training room. After a couple of minutes Heath and I assumed the healer walked in and took a seat.

"Lets start on your kinetic power, you have used that already so it might be the easiest one to start with, just relax and concentrate, think of what triggered it and hold onto that, see can you hit one of us with it" Brax said.

"Okay, but if I hurt one of you I'm going to stop" I said.

"There is plenty of soft mats and padding in here, our landings will be soft" Brax said.

I gave him a smile and closed my eyes. I concentrate on the feeling of power I felt before, I could feel it inside me and I reached for it. But I couldn't hold onto it, it felt like I was so close to it but not close enough. I took in a deep breath, I can feel my frustration start to get the better of me. I opened my eyes and shook my head.

"Its there but I can't reach it" I told them.

"Picture what happened that day with Marcus, the commander and your parents, focus on every nasty comment the guardians and supernaturals have ever said to you, picture each look and everything you were put through when you were told to leave and you had no where to go" Brax said looking pissed off about everything I was put through.

"What the fuck, they did all that to you, picture getting revenge on the bastards Ariel, show them how strong you really are" Lucas said.

"Okay guys thanks" I said.

I closed my eyes once again and pictured the looked I got when I turned sixteen, what my parents said to me as they made me leave, how they made me feel ashamed of myself and how they broke me and then turned up with Marcus so they could use me. I felt raw fury build in me, I am treated like something nasty that crawled out of hell when I'm the strongest angel to born here. I finally grasped the power inside me. I held onto it tightly as the power wrapped itself around me, I can feel its spread over my body. I pictured it building like a black ball of flames til it grew in front of me. I held it and then pictured it leaving my body at full speed and I let it go. I opened my eyes and saw the ball of flames heading straight for Lucas, Darred and Brax. It is to big for them not to come out hurt. I looked at the ball and imagined it stopping mid air and to my surprise it stopped a couple of inches from them. I could see the relief wash across their faces.