Promise

Chapter 15

I bowed my head, I couldn't look at Brax knowing what the commander, my grandfather has took from him and knowing he got so close to letting his dark side take over because of it. I hate my grandfather with a fiery passion even more now knowing what he has done by killing his mate, he caused a war that never needed to be started in the first place. On top of that I killed his friends and probaly some of his family. How can he even stand to look at me or even love me, the only evil in this room is me. I made it my mission to kill every demon I set eyes on, I have taken down larger groups one after another by myself to prove my worth and I have only proven I am the same as that bastard. The only way I can change things is to kill him and end this war. He can't keep guardians from their mates because his didn't want him, he has no right to inflict the pain he felt onto others.

"Ariel, look at me" Brax said, but I couldn't bring myself to look at him.

"Ariel" he said in a stern voice.

He walked towards me and got on his knees in front of me, he placed his hand on my chin and moved my face, tilting it upwards to look at him. I looked into his eyes, I saw no anger, no hate only concern and love. How can he love me, knowing what family I have come from and knowing Im a killer, I could have killed him.

"How can you look at me with love, knowing my family almost destroyed you, I am no different from him, I have killed more demons than most groups kills altogether" I said.

"You haven't destroyed me, I have you, they done the same to you, you thought you were doing the right thing Ariel, like all new guardians, you are nothing like your grandfather or your parents, your better than all of them, you saw past everything you knew to love me, to give me a chance and now your fighting with me against them, we will make things right together and show your grandfather for what he really is" he said as he placed his forehead to mine.

"I promise I will make this right Brax even if it kills me, but not before I kill him, this started with him and it will end with him" I said, knowing that I never break a promise.

"We will make it right together, I can't risk losing you too, he killed his own mate he won't think twice about killing you" he said.

"I know, but I'm alot stronger and more powerful than I thought, Marcus and my parents found that out the hard way today" I said.

"He was here, why were your parents here?" Brax asked confused.

"Marcus brought them thinking I would join their side if my parents told me they would accept me while I fought beside them, but Marcus still has to realise I'm not a girls with mammy or daddy issues, I just plain outright despise them, I sent them flying though the glass at the end of the hallway with a power I didn't even know I had til they severely pissed me off" I said.

"I would have paid to see that, I think we need to check back through the old books and see can we find out if there ever was a dark angel before you and what your powers are, even if we find out about other warriors before you, it will give us some kind of idea of what you are capable of" he said.

"Sounds good to me" I said.

"So your coming with me to the underworld" he asked smiling.

I looked at him shocked, it never even entered my head that I would have to go there, Im not against it, but I dont know how welcome I would be down there.

"Would I even be welcome down there, I'm doubt Im their favourite person" I said.

"Trust me your welcome, anyway the other males down there will be falling all over you, you made quite an impression with the demons you let live. They wouldn't stop talking about how hot and sexy you are, they both fought with each other about which one they thought you fancied the most" he said laughing.

"I doubt that, but I will go with you, I have to get to know who I will be fighting beside" I said smiling.

"You ready so, you will have to hold onto me so I can shimmer both of us" he said with a cheeky smile. I doubt I have to hold onto him but Im not going to give up a chance to get close to him, but I think he has forgotten were both practically naked.

"Yeah Im ready if you want to give everyone a flash of your hot body in just your boxers and me in just a sheet" I said with a smirk.

He looks at himself and then at me.

"Definitely not happening, whatever about me they aren't getting a glimpse of you naked" he said, as his eyes roamed my body.

"Keep that thought for later, remember we are going to the underworld to get answers" I said as he smirked.

"Definitely later, I won't be able to stay away from you" he said, as he placed his hands on my face and kissed me passionately, leaving me speechless.

After nearly an hour of trying to get dressed in between kisses we were finally ready. Brax wrapped his arms around me and in the blink of an eyes we were standing in a large beautiful room. I turned around in a circle taking it in.

"Where are we" I asked

"In my room, what were you expecting, pits of fire and caves" he asked smirking.

"I dont know what I was expecting, but it definitely wasnt this, your room is beautiful" I said.

"My mom done all this, the underworld is just like the real world except its always dark and of course under the earth s surface, the higher level demon you are, the bigger you house, but there isn't much difference in sizes" he said.

"Its beautiful, is the rest of the house like this" I asked, dying to take a look around.

"How about I show you" he said holding out his hand for me to take. I placed my hand in his and followed behind him, I took a breath and walked towards the unknown. I hope he is right, that I won't get a dangerous reaction from the other demons but I can't blame them if I do, after all I was the enemy.