Wolld

Wolld cashed through the trees clumsily. Though he felt much better than he had earlier, his legs still ached and pain shot through his side whenever he took a step. The trees grew very thick and it began to get darker. When he was almost out of breath and he felt a headache returning, he grasped the branches above him for support and kept going.

He finally found Nolan leaning against a tall pine trees and twisting a bunch of needles in his hands. Wolld stupid led to a stop next to him.

"Hi." Nolan muttered.

The two of them stood in silence. Finally Wolld sighed and slowly spoke:

"What was that about you not belonging?"

"You guys are family. You know each other really well. I'm still getting to know all of you."

"Nolan, there something I have to tell you."

"Yeah?"

Wolld swallowed and thought for a moment.

"When... When a person is all someone has left, when somebody will remain with that person or those people through thick and thin who you want to be with those people, that person... Well, what I'm trying to say is that family isn't about who you're related to, it's about who you love and belong with. You are family."

"No. I've only really known you for a day." Nolan looked away.

"Nolan, Fied loves you like a brother. Like a friend. Cecy and I feel almost the same way." For a while they we're silent.

Nolan spoke.

"So when are we going back to the girls? We've been here a while now." Wolld smiled. Then all at once they started laughing. "Let's go now." Nolan said.

"Hey can you do that thing where you carry me again? You sure asked a long way in here." Wolld asked.

Nolan scooped him up. "Sure thing Shorty."