Nolan

For the first time that day, Nolan felt like he didn't belong. He slurpped his boiled mushrooms and dandelions from the tiny bark "bowls" that he had tried to shape. It had been nearly an hour since Wolld had been shoved into the creek, yet he was still kneeling in it as he slurpped his mushy stew. Nolan could see him could see him through the tounges of a dying fire that was burning betwween them on a pile of kindling. Wolld and Cecillia were talking quietly. If he listened closely he thought he could heat the words COMBAT and CHASE repeated often. For the first time, he thought about their desperate escape into the woods and what it could mean. He supposed that it was a chase. That all of them were running for their lives: or they were running from their lives. When he looked into Fied's eyes, he could see that they were scarred with pain. Yes, this was a chase, but none of them knew who their pursures where.

"Who's chasing us?!" Wolld, Cecillia, and Fied looked up at him in surprise. "You might want to include me in your conversation!" The others stared at him. With six pairs of eyes trained on him, he was very uncomfortable. "Well?" He could almost see his face turn red. "What were you saying?" More staring. More silence. He turned his head away and quickly got up. "Here," he set his much down with a splash in front of Fied. "You can have it. I don't care." With his fists clenched, he began stomping into the trees

"Where are you going? Wait!" Cecillia shouted.

"You guys are all family. You were meant to survive. I don't belong here."