Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [19]

I woke up in my bed with no recall of ever being here when I fell asleep.

Last time I checked, I fell asleep in the grass, listening to the rise and fall of the wolf’s chest.

I smiled. My wolf!

He wiped away the horrible feelings jerk-face Colton had left me with.

I must have gone back inside without remembering it.

I got up and took a shower. I examined myself in the mirror and frowned a tad I was still skinny, but plain. I lost all the muscle I had. I told myself I’d get in shape. Stupid leg preventing me from running. Grrrr.

But I most certainly am going running once it heals.

I froze as I brushed my teeth… I had to go shopping with Brooke after school.

Shit. My. Life.

COLTONS POV (YAYY!):

She was so kind… and so beautiful. Her fingers through my hair made me feel weak; vulnerable. I wanted to crumble into her. The wolf inside me whined. At first my instincts had urged me to turn around and run. Run as far away from her as possible, and quite frankly my human side wanted to as well.

Still, it was hard to carry her back up to her room, when she clutched on to me. Her warmth made me feel stronger, like I wasn't a horrible beast.

I couldn’t bear the thought giving into these feelings. These horrible feelings I’ve kept inside me for seven long years.

But one touch of her soft hands, and I had fallen weak. My wolf immediately took to her, and I couldn’t resist anymore. He growled at the thought of leaving her side.

I refused to think of him claiming her as a mate. How could I? Blake already had his slimy grasp over her.Snaking his arm around her waist when I was looking. It hurt even worse when she would blush.

Who am I kidding she’d never like me. Not some father-less screw up that will eventually die from lung cancer or a bad run-in with a vamp.

Scratch that. I always win my fights. It would be more likely for me to get hit by a meteor.

No one as amazing and talented as her was capable of liking me. It hurt too much to look at her, or talk to her. I knew I was being wrong. I knew I hurt her after I had basically forced myself on her, trying to kiss her and then ignored her.

The way she had snapped at me when were at the elementary school proved that.

I couldn’t get hopeful no matter what I did. I’d smother any thought of us being together. If it wasn’t really her, then I’d never forgive myself for loving another. Besides, it’s not like she would choose a middle class werewolf over a vampire prince.

I scoffed. This was just my luck.

I took another swig of whisky as I paced my room. I had ran almost all night long, trying to run off the feelings that were inevitably growing inside of me.

Feelings for Shaylee.

I passed out when I got home. Too sick of fighting my wolf. He wanted her. To claim her as his.

It was painful; both physically and emotionally to have to battle with myself.

Still… it was so relieving to have her fall asleep at my side, not scared in the slightest that she was lying next to a hunter; a predator who could kill her.

She trusted me. Therefore, I would do anything in my power to keep that trust. I couldn’t harm a single hair on her head even if I wanted to with all my might—which I didn’t. But she had me paralyzed in place with one breath.