Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas. [7]

Lunch.

My stomach growled in anticipation. Monday was pizza day. No matter were I've been, it's always known that Monday is pizza day.

I got pepperoni and a sprite.

I paid the simple $2.50 and turned to see where to sit.

The first table that caught my eye was Leslie's table. Almost like her voice was playing in my head, I remember the group of people she said she hung out with.

All four guys, and her and Violet were seated at the table.

I gulped and took a shot at Colton. His eyes bore into me. They were searching me, for something. My palms suddenly became faint with sweat as I fidgeted under his stare.

Usually when you look up at people, and catch them staring they look away or blush and look away, but he just kept staring.

Like it was his job. I blushed a deep red and regretted it. Why had I blushed? Why was his stare making me feel so nervous?

Leslie was beckoning me over to her table. Violet caught the notation and waved me over as well.

I wouldn't have hesitated if it weren't for Mr. Intensity sitting across from the only open seat at the table.

But as I took a step toward them, deciding I shouldn't let some guy I barely know scare me away from my new friends, Brooke's manicured nails cupped my shoulder, as she led me to their table at the opposite end of the cafeteria from Leslie's table, but not so far you couldn't see them.

I mouthed a "sorry" to her as her smile fell. She nodded, understanding and reluctantly went back to talking to one of the guys about something in depth.

I sat down in the only open seat between Brooke and Blake.

"Wouldn't want you hanging around the riff-raff." Brooke told me with a smile.

I didn't reply. I mean, I don't know if she was expecting me to agree, but I liked Leslie and Violet. They reminded me of my friends back home.

The whole table was talking amiably about some dance coming up in a few weeks.

Brooke was hooked on to Fredrick's left arm beside me as she told Annie and Rachel the dress she was going to wear this year, and how it looked a little bit similar to her freshman winter formal dress, and how her and Fredrick had found a tie for him that matched her dress to the T.

I sighed and looked up at Leslie's table. She was doubled over in laughter, so was Violet.

I turned to see a guy I didn't recognize have milk trickling off his auburn hair and down his face, till it dripped off his chin and hit the tiled floor.

Brian was standing over him with a giant grin on his face.

I sighed more audibly and picked my fork at the different sized lettuce leaves, squishing the ranch dressing between two leaves and then pulling them back apart.

"You plan on going to the dance?" Blake turned to me, avoiding my eyes for some reason.

"I mean. I don't know. I might go. Why?" I said, taking my eyes off my salad to his blonde haired-framed face.

"Just wondering."

Richey narrowed his eyes at Blake.

"Just do it."

"Do what?" I asked looking at the two of them. When boys were hiding things.... That usually meant bad news.

"Uh... well... you see... Richey likes this girl...and she's a good friend of his, but. He's not so sure on how to ask her...out?"