Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [FINAL CHAPTER]

Shaylee’s POV:

I ran until my feet ached. When I finally emerged from the woods I found myself near Blake’s house. Just where I wanted to go. I thought.

Frantically, and in tears I knocked on the door. I fidgeted in place till the door opened.

“Shaylee?” Blake opened the door, wide eyed and confused.

I leapt into his arms crying.

Who cares if Colton wouldn’t approve of me being here, he LIED to me!

“C-colton…H-he he’s a werewolf!”

Blake hushed me and pulled me inside.

“It’s ok. Calm down. Take a deep breath and say it slowly.”

I did as he said and took a deep breath. I looked up at him.

“I saw Colton in the woods. I know this sounds crazy, but he’s a werewolf.”

Blake didn’t look at me though rather… he looked behind me, “Brooke, don’t—.”

Something hard hit the back of my head and before I could process anything, I blacked out.

Colton’s POV:

I gave up on chasing her. I knew I could catch her, but the sound of her sobs broke my heart. I couldn’t face her—couldn’t try to explain if she was crying.

I found myself trotting slowly back to the pack.

“Did you find her?” Violet whined.

“No.” I answered her with a low bark.

“It’ll be ok man.” Brian told me.

“Let’s hope so…”

God let’s hope so.

Shaylee's POV:

Tons of memories flooded through my head.

My whole childhood.

The three years I missed out on.

Me and Colton…oh god, me and colton.

Him teaching me to ride a bike…. And him kissing my booboos when I fell off.

Me teaching him how to bake cookies, even though he burned them on his first try.

Our sleepovers in the woods in our clubhouse.

That night…that awful night I lost my memory.

That awful night I almost lost my humanity.

I remember now. Blake led me downstairs to the basement and I was ambushed, knocked out by Brooke.

I woke up, young and afraid and Blake’s dad was in there with a weird machine…

They told me of a prophecy…

That Blake was some kind of Vampire Prince to this secret society of vampires. That his dad was the King, but he was getting too old to lead, and that Blake needed to take over, but not without a bride.

A Queen.

And the prophecy said that that girl was me.

But the only way I could be queen was if I became a vampire too.

And that they knew I would say no because of my stupid werewolf bestfriend, so they had no choice but to force me to become one.

And so they strapped me up to the machine and inserted needles in me. But Colton found me… he broke down the door in his wolf form and saw me. His eyes glazed with murder and he attacked Blake’s dad. He was no match, the little ten year old wolf. My heart clenched at the sound of his ribs breaking. They chained him up. I screamed for them to stop and Colton growled bloody murder, his neck rubbing raw with his struggling against his chains. But they painfully inserted the needles into my arms and legs. I felt it when they flicked the switch. I felt the blood being pulled from my body. Felt life leaving me. Felt humanity leaving me.