Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [11]

I woke up the next morning kind of scared. I hate to admit it, but I regret saying yes to Blake so fast. I still felt new here, and I’m not so sure a relationship is something I really needed right now.

Ugh. Stupid new town.

I didn’t really know what I had planned for today. Saturday.

I came down stairs right away to my mom cooking up some cinnamon rolls.

YUM.

I went over to my mom and my little sister, where my mom was teaching her how to squirt the icing on the little fluffs of dough just right.

I grabbed one that had already been iced and licked off the warm icing. The sugar taste exploded in my mouth.

“Your doing a good job Luce.” I told her, as she giggled up at me, her apron covered in flour and icing.

“Shaylee, if you didn’t sleep in till eleven o’clock, you could have come and joined us.” My mother nagged.

I shrugged. “I have an excuse.”

“And what’s that?” My mom cocked an eyebrow.

“Highschool.” I spit out like it was a bad taste in my mouth, as I sat down next to my dad at our simple wooden kitched table, near the corner of the tiny yellow room.

She laughed.

“College only gets worse.” My dad laughed as he sipped his coffe.

“Joy.” I breathed, still feeling groggy from waking up.

My sister and mom finished the rolls and joined us for breakfast.

“Shaylee. Remember, I need you to pick up Lucy from school all next week. I have to stay late next week to help out with a group project at work.”

“’Kay.”

Lucy’s smile widened. “SHAYLAYY! You’ll get to meet my teachur and my new fwiend Melony!”

“Really? That sounds great Luce. I’m excited—can’t wait.” I smiled down at my little sister.

She was so precious. It almost made me feel better about this town knowing that at least my sister was enjoying her new life and school.

*

I went up after breakfast and showered, putting on a pink pair of sweatpants and a simple white cami.

Kara called and three-wayed Michael.

“I CANNOT BELIEVE IT TOOK YOU THIS LONG TO CALL ME SISTER!” Michael’s familiar boyish voice yelled through my receiver.

I laughed. “I’m sorry, it’s been really crazy here. Pre-Calc is kicking my butt!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah mine too. Kara seems to be doing ok though.”

“Well easy for you to say Mr. A in English! I hate reading; hate it. How am I supposed to be able to draw similarities constantly to characters I never even read about!” My best friend's normal arrogant attitude brightened my day—always.

I laughed at the two of them. “I miss you guys.” I stated, imagining how much better this place would be if I had them to walk me through my classes, and to talk to at lunch, and to come have sleepovers with me when I felt lonely.

“Well, we miss you too and we cannot wait till three weeks from now when it’s your birthday!” They screamed into the phone and I rolled my eyes.

”I’m just turning seventeen.”

“So! That’s almost legit; almost legal.” Michael teased.